• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[Feb 25, 2012] Chuckwalla Race Day Feb 25th & 26th (Desert Center, CA)

2K7GTCS

Here are a few photos from the track on Saturday. My Brother-in-Law Sean and I got there around 10 am, and most folks had already been out for two sessions. I never got a chance to ride with anyone, so all of these pictures are from the sidelines:

20120225_CVR_Pits.JPG

20120225_CVR_Ethan1.JPG

20120225_CVR_Ethan2.JPG

20120225_CVR_FoxBody.JPG

20120225_CVR_68Camaro.JPG

2K7GTCS

Here are a few more:

20120225_CVR_Ferrari.JPG
Ferrari F430 F1 Scuderia

20120225_CVR_Audi.JPG
Audi R8

20120225_CVR_MillionDollar1.JPG
Million$ shot #1 - Ford GT500, Ford GT, Cadillac CTS-V, AMG 55, Nissan GT-R, Porsche Panamera

20120225_CVR_MillionDollar2.JPG
Million $ shot #2 - Audi R8, Acura NSX, Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1, Porsche Panamera, Ferrari F430 F1 Scuderia

20120225_CVR_BMWFluke.JPG
Fluke of the Day - hyper-exposed surroundings on this race-prepped BMW M3 passing the Start Finish line.

Boltvette

Thanks for the great shots. I would have given you a ride. There's nothing like running at speed with the top down!

We're glad that Ethan and Cody joined us. They both posted excellent times, but I think that Travis may have run the fastest pony car lap in the afternoon in his 2010 Camaro SS. This should be the link to the lap times: http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=748506 I'll be posting the division finish order shortly.

The next event of the Angelwings Tech Extreme Speed Pony Car Track Day Series is Saturday, March 31 and Sunday, April 1 at Spring Mountain Motor Resort in Pahrump, NV. You can run one or both days, but only one will count toward the Series championship. Email me at craig@angelwingstech.com for track day and Las Vegas hotel registration info.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Great event guys. Good to see the Road Racing Team represnting out there in the desert!!

Boltvette

Those are some Nice Pics man you guys need to Invite us Sdstangs next time so we can join you guys

Please consider yourselves invited! It's not too late to get into the Series. The championships are based upon each participant's top 5 finishes out of the 8 events. There were no entries in the Pony Car stock or super modified divisions yesterday, so those groups are wide open. Jump in for the remaining 7 events, or just join us for a couple and take advantage of the group discounts on track day registration fees.

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
Sorry about not being able to give you a ride, we will do this again in a couple of months I am hoping when John is back and we will all go racing again. Fastest time for me was a 2:17.9 besting my friends z28 (who you can see in front of me at the beginning of the video) who did a 2:18.5. Hoping to get the times down a little more next time, but pretty good. Last run I overheated and I think I might've boiled my brake fluid or glazed my pads, not sure. But nothing broke and I was able to drive it all the way home. Next time I will be going faster for sure, hopefully with a new fan and some brake ducts. Here is a video, please skip to about 1:00 as nothing happens before then. Also was hard to get a good laptimes because of all the really fast car's there that day. I think I can cut about 1-2 seconds if I brake a little later and be a little smoother.

422408_2695648637480_1444510532_31968350_614547614_n.jpg

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
very cool Ethan. I really want to do this sometime and i really wish i could have made it out there to hangout with u guys.

Boltvette

Anyone interested in joining us at Spring Mountain for event number two of the Series? If not, the May 26 track day at Streets of Willow is looking like it will be well attended by Camaro owners. Sure would like to see some Stangs take them on! I'm hoping to be able to offer the track time and a transponder for under $100, but I'm still waiting to hear back from Extreme Speed. Send me an email to craig@angelwingstech.com to get your name on the Series info list.​