• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Ford Says New 2014 Mustang will be Less Retro, More Modern

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
What do you all think? Hope it looks good..
01-2014-ford-mustang-rendering.jpg
2010 BULLITT.jpg
2014 Mustang GT.JPG
2014-Ford-Mustang-1.jpg

SnakeBit

i meant 8 not 7 i do like 7 but think 8 looks pretty bad ass the black and that front end looks aggressive

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
It's not bad but not the greatest either, but I think it would grow on me. First thing Antoinette said is that it looks like a camaro.

Ford1288

Donator
I'm curious as to what it will look like but I believe Ford knows what we like and will make a good choice.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Since the above drawings are concepts from vendors, not from Ford, I'll wait to see some real designs....in other words, they SUCK!!!!

RonaldJamesThickness

Whidbey Island, WA
Donator
i think they should continue with the retro series and do a hatch with some sharp lines similar to the fox because anything else will either look the same as the current style or itll start looking like a camaro and i would hate to see that happen

luckychance

word on the street is that its going to be "almost a body double of the concept evo shown in the detroit auto show" according to some big wigs that have seen it.......in other news the gt500 will continue on for the next few years..looks like shelby renewed their contract with ford that was up in 2013

2K7GTCS

I've grown so weary of this subject, especially the darn confusion about whether the car will be a 2014, or a 2015 model. After much consideration, I've had an epiphany.

I believe Ford's 50th Anniversary Mustang will be, wait for it, a 2014 1/2, making it an exact match for the original mid-year release back in 1964! This makes perfect sense. In fact it's genius. :)

If you have not seen it, here is a picture of the Ford Evos Concept:
poza_158.jpg

I found this rendering of the Evos Concept with a Mustang twist:
2015-Mustang-Concept.jpg

I apologize to the traditionalist, but I really like this. If it is 400+ hp, RWD, and cost less than $40K, count me in!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Dave, I can see the 2014 1/2 release for the 50th. It would make sense.
The Evos concept has a bit of an Audi look.

RonaldJamesThickness

Whidbey Island, WA
Donator
ya im gonna have to agree the evos is pretty sweet looking but not for a stang it kinda reminds me of a remake for the old mercedes gull wing which in itself was a neat car but the second render is a lil more stangish but then again these are just concepts and the real thing is always a lil more realistic than the concept

i think the EVOS concept with the mustang twist is a hybrid between a Audi rear end or i should say midsection
1.jpg

and a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution front end
2012-Mitsubishi-Evo-X1.jpg