• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Free Tunes

ModularMuscle

Authorized Vendor
Anyone who currently has an SCT Flash device for a mustang can mail it to me for a free retune. All I ask is that you pay shipping of course.

I can provide any type of tune you want, forced induction, nitrous, cams, fuel, etc. And best of all I will give you all of the user adjustable features unlocked so that you can play with the tune as much as possible.

This offer will be good as long as I can keep up with you guys.

For those that don't have the tuner, contact me.

- Why am I doing this? -

A: Because I am new to the scene of online tuning for Mustangs (have years of experience tuning in Arizona and across the country). And I need to get my name out there. This is a form of "free" advertising to help get recognition, and so you guys can see how good I really am at what I do. Not all tuners are equal, and I would like the opportunity to prove it to you guys.

I am world reknown for my tuning in the GM market, and I have tuned cars as far away as Austria and Germany (People actually import Mustangs over there). If you Google some of the other cars I tune like "Saturn Sky Tuning" and "Chevy Cobalt Tuning" etc, you will see that I am all over the front pages (Not as Modular Muscle). I am one of the best at tuning turbo applications, and the reason I got into the Mustang market originally is that I am trying to stay 2 years ahead of those Ecoboost motors coming out. I have proven to be the best Direct Injection Turbo tuner in the US, and I can't wait til they put that technology in the Mustang.

yosemiddysam

Donator
I have an X-cal 3 with the tune from my dyno tune on it. What advantages would I have by sending it to you? I have not added anything except a bigger air filter since the tune.

ModularMuscle

Authorized Vendor
I have an X-cal 3 with the tune from my dyno tune on it. What advantages would I have by sending it to you? I have not added anything except a bigger air filter since the tune.

If you are happy with your dyno tune than leave it alone. There are a lot of people who just buy them with their CAI from a store that aren't 100% satisfied with what their tune does. A dyno tune should be better than that.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I am interested, I do not like my tune.. Idles rough and takes forever to warmup according to my gauge..

ModularMuscle

Authorized Vendor
I am interested, I do not like my tune.. Idles rough and takes forever to warmup according to my gauge..

I hear that a lot with Supercharged cars. It can be hard to dyno tune a car, and then have the patience and $ to pay someone to let it sit until its fully cold again and tune the low end tables, plus the computer ignores the sensors in the warm-up sometimes.

They may have your fans set to a balls to the walls setting, and might actually be on before warmed up, dunno. Did you lower the T-stat by chance too? With an aluminum block you typically don't want to go below a 180* T-stat and I see a lot of people popping 160* in there a lot on some aluminum blocks.

GT400SC

PM for Decals
Just out of curiosity, if you were to write a tune for my car, what happens when I upload the emailed tune from XCAL2 into my car? Do I lose the tune written by Whipple? Or does the Whipple tune and your tune "TRADE" places? As if the Whipple were seen as my "stock" tune? Would I lose it?

If some some silly reason your tune wasn't exactly what I was looking for, would my Whipple tune be in my XCAL2 and able to be re-loaded into my car like it was before trying your (or any) new tune?

Is it risky or pretty straight forward?

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
GT400 It is the same thing bama chips did for me. He would need some info from your car like mods and there is a code that is next to your fuse box he would need. He would write your tune and send it to you by e-mail. You would then load that tune into your sct. When you go to load the tune it will say for example factory tune, whipple tune, and under that it should say custom tune. These are the tunes sent to you. You just upload the one you like that makes your car perfrm better, gas miliege ect. If you dont like the way the car feels you can always go back to your whipple tune. I personaly have 7 tunes in my Diablo right now and when I get my car tunes again I will just erase some of the orriginal tunes that came with the thing as a kit. Does this help? I just go to performance tune It says Diablo or custom. I click custom and it shows the 3 tunes i got from bama chips 100 shot/trq/race If i go to Diablo it says racer/tq/factory and somehting else I cant remember but you get my point you can always go back to your old tune if you dont like new tunes that he writes. Hope this helps and answers your question

GT400SC

PM for Decals
Thanks Phil. I fully understand how uploading tunes works but my situation is unique.

I do NOT have a factory tune. I don't have access to my factory tune. I do not have a factory tune in my XCAL. The XCAL was never used to upload the Whipple tune. The Whipple tune has never been in my XCAL.

Well, then how in the world did you get a Whipple tune in your car?

Whipple is rather protective of their tunes. The customer must remove the ECM (or ECU as some call it) and you have to mail the entire computer module to Whipple. They flash THEIR tune into it and remove your "factory" tune. They keep your "factory" tune on file at THEIR facility. They will NOT email it to you and the only way to get it back is to once again remove the entire ECU and mail it to them and tell them you want to go back to a "factory" tune, or the way it was when you drove the car off the Ford lot. After they flash THEIR tune on to your ECM, they mail it back. You re-install it and drive with a new tune. Their tunes CANNOT be opened or altered, even to change tire size or gear ratios. They are really locked down.

Sounds weird and it sucks, I agree.

So, my question is still the same. Once an emailed tune is received (from ANY tuner) by email, and I upload the tune into my XCAL, does my car have to be returned to stock before the emailed tune can be uploaded into my car or will the XCAL just exchange or trade the two tunes regardless of whether the tune coming out is a "factory" tune or a Whipple tune?

admbmb56

I have an unlocked SCT XCal2 that I bought a few months back from a forum member for my 2003 Mustang GT. I am extremely new to tuners and really don't understand how they work all that well. From what I know, the tuner I have has no tunes on it at all. It also does not have any information about my car on it either. What information would you need from me, so that a tune can be placed on the tuner? Also, how many tunes are able to be placed on one tuner? I've heard it can hold 3 at a time, but I'm not sure. Thanks for the offer and taking the time to help me out!
-adam

ModularMuscle

Authorized Vendor
Thanks Phil. I fully understand how uploading tunes works but my situation is unique.

I do NOT have a factory tune. I don't have access to my factory tune. I do not have a factory tune in my XCAL. The XCAL was never used to upload the Whipple tune. The Whipple tune has never been in my XCAL.

Well, then how in the world did you get a Whipple tune in your car?

Whipple is rather protective of their tunes. The customer must remove the ECM (or ECU as some call it) and you have to mail the entire computer module to Whipple. They flash THEIR tune into it and remove your "factory" tune. They keep your "factory" tune on file at THEIR facility. They will NOT email it to you and the only way to get it back is to once again remove the entire ECU and mail it to them and tell them you want to go back to a "factory" tune, or the way it was when you drove the car off the Ford lot. After they flash THEIR tune on to your ECM, they mail it back. You re-install it and drive with a new tune. Their tunes CANNOT be opened or altered, even to change tire size or gear ratios. They are really locked down.

Sounds weird and it sucks, I agree.

So, my question is still the same. Once an emailed tune is received (from ANY tuner) by email, and I upload the tune into my XCAL, does my car have to be returned to stock before the emailed tune can be uploaded into my car or will the XCAL just exchange or trade the two tunes regardless of whether the tune coming out is a "factory" tune or a Whipple tune?

I am familiar with your situation, as Roush does the same thing. Lucky me, I have a program that can take almost ANY tune of the car, but I have to be there to do that. I can pull those tunes off and rewrite them, but like I said I have to be there.

ModularMuscle

Authorized Vendor
I have an unlocked SCT XCal2 that I bought a few months back from a forum member for my 2003 Mustang GT. I am extremely new to tuners and really don't understand how they work all that well. From what I know, the tuner I have has no tunes on it at all. It also does not have any information about my car on it either. What information would you need from me, so that a tune can be placed on the tuner? Also, how many tunes are able to be placed on one tuner? I've heard it can hold 3 at a time, but I'm not sure. Thanks for the offer and taking the time to help me out!
-adam

Adam,

You are a perfect candidate for what I offer. It can hold 3 tunes. Sounds like it's blank. Plug it into your car and verify that it works. See if there are any tunes on there under "Strategy" or "Custom" tunes. Also hopefully it is not married to another car still otherwise you have a paperweight.

If not mail it to me and I will load tunes on there for you.

admbmb56

Adam,

You are a perfect candidate for what I offer. It can hold 3 tunes. Sounds like it's blank. Plug it into your car and verify that it works. See if there are any tunes on there under "Strategy" or "Custom" tunes. Also hopefully it is not married to another car still otherwise you have a paperweight.

If not mail it to me and I will load tunes on there for you.
Sweet! I plugged it in an here's what it has as options:

Program Vehicle->Install Tune->93 Octane
Vehicle Info->
Data Capture->
Dealer Info->
LCD Contrast->
Device Info->

It doesn't seem to be married to another car, it worked as soon as I plugged it in. It did give me the option to install the 93 Octane tune which I assume is what the previous owner had, but there is no place in San Diego that carries that Octane, so it's useless to me. I didn't find an option for "Strategy" or "Custom" to see more tunes at all. So if all is well, then I'll send it to you soon! I just need to know where to send it, and what vehicle info you need from me. THANKS!
-adam

GT400SC

PM for Decals
I am familiar with your situation, as Roush does the same thing. Lucky me, I have a program that can take almost ANY tune of the car, but I have to be there to do that. I can pull those tunes off and rewrite them, but like I said I have to be there.

or.....

I send you the ecu, right?

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
GT400 In your case what i would do is send it back to whipple have them set it back to stock. Then take the car with your tuner to one of local tuners and have them tune your car on the dyno. That way at least you can add to your tune and mod the tune.

ModularMuscle

Authorized Vendor
Sweet! I plugged it in an here's what it has as options:

Program Vehicle->Install Tune->93 Octane
Vehicle Info->
Data Capture->
Dealer Info->
LCD Contrast->
Device Info->

It doesn't seem to be married to another car, it worked as soon as I plugged it in. It did give me the option to install the 93 Octane tune which I assume is what the previous owner had, but there is no place in San Diego that carries that Octane, so it's useless to me. I didn't find an option for "Strategy" or "Custom" to see more tunes at all. So if all is well, then I'll send it to you soon! I just need to know where to send it, and what vehicle info you need from me. THANKS!
-adam

My address is:

Modular Muscle
4119 N. 6th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85013

I need your EEC code from your cars computer which should be on a little white sticker on the computer, if not I can try to help you determine it.