• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gearhead Rendezvous Cruise POLL

Which route should we take?

• The Usual Route

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Something Different

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2K7GTCS

We like to go for a drive after this monthly meetup, and it is usually a long one, with pie. For this months cruise, I was thinking it might be fun to try a different route.

The Poll is to get feedback on which route we should take on this months cruise after the Gearhead Rendezvous. Both routes are about the same distance, and will take about the same amount of time.

The two options are reviewed in detail below. Cast your vote.

~Hippie Dave

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Option #1 - The Usual Route

This route goes out Telegraph Canyon to Otay Lakes, then it's the 94 to Campo. Up Buckman Springs to the 8, over to Sunrise Hwy up to Julian. From there it's down to Santa Ysabel, then on to Ramona, and the 67, back down to the 8.

map link

opt1map.jpg

opt1drv1.jpg

opt1drv2.jpg

opt1drv3.jpg

opt1drv4.jpg

Option #2 - Something Different

This route goes up the 15 to Poway Rd, over to the 67, and on up through Ramona to Santa Ysabel. Then take the 78 to the 79 around to the S22 (Montezuma Valley Road) to Borrego Springs. From there go out the S3 (Yaqui Pass Road) to the 78, and follow it up Banner Grade to Julian. The last leg is the 79 past Lake Cuyamaca, down to the 8, then back into San Diego.

map link

opt2map.jpg

opt2drv1.jpg

opt2drv2.jpg

opt2drv3.jpg

opt2drv4.jpg

Vaporizyed

La Mesa, CA
Good choice Dave for the "somthing different" route! I have done that exact route to Borrego Springs and it was fun. I have been wanting to do that again for a long time.

M

Mustangcwo

mmmmm, cherry pie!!!! I'll see everyone at gearheads and see how the car is doing. I think it's time for a new oil pump. :nonono:

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
I'm not sure bout the cruise yet. I might have a yardsale this weekend. Either way looks fun!

Red

I definitely like the option rout. Not sure if I ca make it this weekend though. My Uncle passed this last Saturday and I'm thinking the services with be sometime this weekend. I'll let you know.

dtopford

I voted for the option, what day are we going? This will be my last monthly cruise due to having to go play Navy at the end of the month.

2K7GTCS

Strong response for something different! (Yay)

The cruise is this Saturday the 6th, meeting up at the Gearhead Rendezvous at the Fosters Freeze on Waring Road in Allied Gardens.

GR starts at 10:00. We should try roll out no later than Noon. It will take the better part of 5 hours to complete the journey (including pie).

~David

frank s

at Play in San Diego, CA
As you cruise through Borrego Springs, look for Turn 6 Welding. The proprietor, Bill H, is a long-time SCCA racing participant and supporter. Me? Sorry I can't go: I have an appointment to drive a Tesla. And deliver a bit of Riverside International Raceway memorabilia to the Riverside International Motorsport Museum; it's an actual bench from the Turn 6 bleachers. It must have fallen off a truck when they were dismantled in 1988...

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I don't know if I'll be there. My grandmother just passed away this morning. Waiting to hear from my family when the funeral will be.

Mrs. ears

I really want to go to this but me and the hubby have to take a trip to LA and back to pick up my car and that will take us about 6 hours or so. So my little bit of money saved up has to go to this trip :(....but I love the details in this post. Great job Dave....

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I really want to go to this but me and the hubby have to take a trip to LA and back to pick up my car and that will take us about 6 hours or so. So my little bit of money saved up has to go to this trip :(....but I love the details in this post. Great job Dave....

What is your car doing in LA?

2K7GTCS

Looks like we're going to have a good turnout. Did everyone who's planning to go add an RSVP for the GR event?

It helps to know if there will be more than 8 cars. Eight seems to be the magic number for staying together and finding parking along the route.

RSVP

blue boss

Saginaw Texas
Hey dave not sure if I am going to make this one. If I do, I will have to break off at some point. If nothing else I will come over to fosters and have some ice cream.

dtopford

Got the tripod rigged and a converter for my camera. looks like we will have vid for this trip.