• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Got called for Jury Duty tomorrow

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
I am thinking Blue jeans, WS Dickies shirt, my Cowboy boots and of course the Ford Racing Jacket.

What you all think?

StarAngel

LOL, sounds like that is what I'll be wearing when I have to go! They sent me a summons last week for Downtown San Diego! I called and had it changed to Chula. WooT!!

yosemiddysam

Donator
As crappy as it sounds ......... All ya have to do is say you are racist and they will not let you be one.........That is of course as long as the bad guy is of a different race......

Xodus989

As crappy as it sounds ......... All ya have to do is say you are racist and they will not let you be one.........That is of course as long as the bad guy is of a different race......

I just found out, my company will pay for my jury duty :)

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Got selected for a court room and now I have to go back in tomorrow for final selection.

DAMN!!!:nonono::nonono:

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Got selected for a court room and now I have to go back in tomorrow for final selection.

DAMN!!!:nonono::nonono:

Could have told you nothing is automatic dismissal anymore. Even I got selected before, but in my case, they really didn't have a choice half the jury pool was in or involve in law enforcement. There were custom agents, border patrol agents, corrections, DA Office, etc.

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Could have told you nothing is automatic dismissal anymore. Even I got selected before, but in my case, they really didn't have a choice half the jury pool was in or involve in law enforcement. There were custom agents, border patrol agents, corrections, DA Office, etc.

I thought you were exempt?

They called in about 100 people and picked almost half for one trial.

It is a crimminal case so will have to wait and see

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
nope. we fall under a different penal code section that's not exempt. Just like Federal Agents and Corrections are not exempt. Even the judge in that case asked us what we were doing there. We just had to laugh.

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
nope. we fall under a different penal code section that's not exempt. Just like Federal Agents and Corrections are not exempt. Even the judge in that case asked us what we were doing there. We just had to laugh.

Interesting, I didn't know that.

This one is supposed to go 3-7 business days, if they say anything over that I am going to have to talk to the Judge. I am supposed to travel on the 8th to Norfolk.

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Just got home, I was excused.

I said that LEO's are more credible witnesses because they are trained to be and five others agreed. We all got excused 10 minutes after that comment. LOL

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
After thinking about it for a few hours. The way the Defense and Prosicution(sp) kept harping on LEO's should not have more credibility than other witnesses and the statement, "Everybody makes mistakes."

I am wondering if one of the LEO's screwed up somewhere in the investigation and my statement got me removed because of it.

Will never know!