• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hawaii Mustang scene first impression..........ughhhhhhh

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
So this dude pulls in and it is obvious that something has been done to his car. I catch up, ask what he had done to his Mustang. He corrects me saying it isn't a mustang, its a bullitt.....then proceeds to tell me that he has a CAI, Tune, shorty headers, and full exhaust on it. Ok that is about what I figured with how it sounds. Well he goes on to tell me about him being a president of a club and such and he has a blower that is waiting to go on it......I asked what HP he had on a dyno.....he says..........455 RWHP, I asked again to make sure after I stopped spitting out my beer. Then I said with the blower right...no he said. The bullitts came with different engine parts, they are FRPP and the numbers are correct for a 3 valve buullitt.....from there the conversation tuurns to him telling me about how nobody wants to race him and that he even had to shoot at a guy with a shotgun because the streetracing import tried to rob him. Well after telling him that I would love to see a dyno sheet for that because I have seen blown 3 valves with less than his joke bolton one, he says he has a 68 shelby and his brother a new shelby....then says that trust me I know muscle cars line.......I asked if he liked the magne charger blower, he said yeah, then I asked about the roush blower and he said they were crap......LOL correct me if I am wrong, magna makes the roush one...... so I politely tell him that I don't believe a word about his power numbers. I left, and walked by his car when he started it.......slightly louder than mine.....and oh yeah it is an auto........

Emilio start a hawaii chapter for me........If this is the president of a club here I will put him to shame soon after my car gets here......

Just because you don't think someone knows something.....don't lie, they might call you on it.

Gib

Shane361

asked a good friend about the place....

There are 2 clubs out there in the Oahu, Hawaii scene.

HawaiiPerformanceMustangs.com It is nothing but mustangs and really a younger crowd. I would do cruises with them once in a while.

ParadiseCruisers.org: A older crowd full of all kinds of cars. Chevy, mustangs, pontiacs...etc. Good club. I belonged to them.

both clubs get together sometimes on meets.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Funny.......Yep, time for the Hawaii chapter to be formed. Should have invited that guy to WS. We haven't done any flamming in a long while and this guy don't sound like someone we want to keep around anyways. Have a little fun.

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
I call BS on pulling the gun on the ricer.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Sounds like he thought you where stupid. Glad you set him straight. Its funny how all the older members are breaking up now and transfering,. I second the HI chapter. Emilio we need 2 florida chapters made up as well. We got Yosi and CWO moving there. Oh and We need a WA
chapter so I can start that one up. I seen alot of Mustangs up there while waiting to catch a cab to the airport.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Stang guy, you win.........they didn't that I know of. I am certain the 01s didn't. So I wouldn't expect that to change in 08. I am sure someone who is certain will set us straight.

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
AUTOMATICS WERENT OFFERED IN THE 08 Bullitts.

Better Breathing, Better Sounding, Better Power
To punch the output of the Mustang GT's 4.6-liter, SOHC, three-valve V8 from its usual 300 to 315 hp, Ford employed a series of tricks both obvious and subtle.

A new cold-air induction system that features an open-element air cleaner isolated from engine heat in its own sealed box just behind the left front headlight is the most obvious modification. And it's matched to a revised exhaust system tuned to reproduce the voice of McQueen's GT 390 (or at least what's on the movie's soundtrack). That's the obvious stuff.

The subtle stuff starts with revised programming of the engine control computer. First the redline has been bumped up 250 revs to 6,500 rpm. Second, a "dual knock" strategy in the fuel map and ignition programming allows the engine to run on either regular or premium fuel — with the V8 making the same peak power either way, but with a slightly more generous torque curve when burning the good stuff. Add in some revisions to the throttle's responsiveness and the result is an engine that actually feels more eager and more capable than the addition of just 5 percent more horsepower would suggest.

Ford backs that muscle with the Tremec five-speed manual transmission (no automatic will be offered) and the usual 8.8-inch rear end packed with a set of short 3.73:1 gears. (The GT runs a 3.55:1 set with the manual transmission.)

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Thanks BJ. I am on my phone so easier for someone else to look up.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
The car had stock rims and tires too. The interior was like the new bullitts. So either he swapped out a tranny or did visual mods.

Can't wait to get my car here and get that head/cam package....

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
did he have the turned aluminum dash too? that is the easiest way to tell.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
just to let you guys know two new guys have logged on from Hawaii so please play nice...

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
just to let you guys know two new guys have logged on from Hawaii so please play nice...

And? We can't call out somebody for giving out bogus info? Can't tell it like it is. If they freaking lied, can't say they lied. If that's one of the new guys that Gibs met, he can come on and defend himself and tell us what he really have. And as stated above, '08 did not have an auto option for the Bullit, and this one is an auto, did he change tranny? If his car make all that power and he can proof it, good for him and congratulate him. But if he didn't and he's full of sh*t, then that's what we'll tell him.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
And? We can't call out somebody for giving out bogus info? Can't tell it like it is. If they freaking lied, can't say they lied. If that's one of the new guys that Gibs met, he can come on and defend himself and tell us what he really have. And as stated above, '08 did not have an auto option for the Bullit, and this one is an auto, did he change tranny? If his car make all that power and he can proof it, good for him and congratulate him. But if he didn't and he's full of sh*t, then that's what we'll tell him.

Danny don't get this all twisted I am not saying that.. I just received pm's from hawaii guys. They may have done a swap. And maybe they are not saying everything they have.
Oh yea remember me from Hawaii? I took you to the track probably 01 or 02. I am back lurking around again.