• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hawaii Mustang scene first impression..........ughhhhhhh

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
E, I am one of the 2, and the other may be the guy from SCS. I never mentioned the name of the club to this guy......cause he runs one side of the island......lol

As far as the auto, I could be wrong, it was dark and had dirtier windows than my car did last week.....it was aftermarket, but not a hurst one so it could have been a manual that looked odd because of the shifter......

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Gibs how you doing in Hawaii? Ya it may have just been a coincidence.. But, I got 2 pm's from Hawaii members:) If you need help starting the chapter let me know:)

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
I think you need to get some livernois heads and some hot rod cams and beast that thing out! Put some wider tires and carve soem of the island roads up gibs!!!! I def think we need a HI chapter

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Damn phil, you know me too well......road course is the ****......straight line is cool, but twisties is the best. I need better brakes though for that.....ask yose....LOL glowing rotors and smoke isn't good...

jagger969

When I was in Hawaii from 00-03 I was in a club called Insayne Stangs. We were pretty much just a bunch of military guys who would work on each others cars and go to the track and BBQ and race. Most of us had average powered mustangs at best but we had fun. If I remember correctly there was another ford club called HFPC or something. Those guys had some heavy hitters in their club but we were all cool with each other and even had the track put on races between our 2 clubs. Emilio, I hope you are not refering to me as one of the "Hawaii guys" but yes I did take you and a couple of your buddies to the track in my wifes mini van LOL. Anyway just saying one person shouldn't sway some ones opinion on the whole scene. Just my 2 cents.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Well I guess I should have worded it different as 1person shouldn't make your opinion.....first impressions are everything though. He will be a tool to me from here on out. I will judge the others when I see them.....

I saw a new shelby on bnase....loooked good. Had an older guy driving it.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Well I guess I should have worded it different as 1person shouldn't make your opinion.....first impressions are everything though. He will be a tool to me from here on out. I will judge the others when I see them.....

I saw a new shelby on bnase....loooked good. Had an older guy driving it.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Gibs I would just start making up some flyers or something and if you see a nice stang throw a card on it bro. Just open the lines of communication and get them on the forum.
They will soon see how active we are and what a great group of guys/gals we have and want to stick around. They will start asking about a HI chapter as soon as Emilio starts a thread for one and your chapter
will grow from there bro. Then in the mean time I would look for a decent shop down there that does tuning so when you get your parts in from Ford racing you have somewhere to go for the install. Oh and put another wickedstangs sticker on your car. Something that says
www.wickedstangs.com HI chapter :)

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
There is 1 place that specializes in mustangs......

cheetah2024

Hi Dave, I'm a little sad to see the bleak outlook for Mustang clubs in Hawaii. Oh well. I'm hoping to be back out there around the beginning of 2011, you will have to let me know what you have going on out there.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Well the mustang scene isnt as good as SoCal, so far. Doesnt mean it isnt good though as I have only met a few people here so far. I am sure we will have no problem finding things to get into. I did see/hear a termy going out to Ford Island yesterday....it sounded like Yose's. Obviously someone is doing work on them around here.

Look forward to seeing you out here. Beginning of 2012 right?

Gib