• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

header install

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Ok guys got my headers who wants to help install? I know someone has done this before. I want to get them on this Sat. There is event Sun I think and race legal is coming up next weekend as well.

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
i think we have to pull the motor to get them in right? i know with my 96 we did. are you gonna do it at the hobby shop? they will ahve everything you need. let me know a time and place, i might be able to help.

yosemiddysam

Donator
You do not have to pull the engine. You do however have to drop the K-member which is not that hard. It will require a front end alignment but other than that it is feasble to get it done in one day.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
I just put mine on last month. You have to take the motor mounts off and jack the engine up but you DO NOT have to pull the motor out for this. I didn't drop the K-member either. It does take time to do the install exspecially if you do it by your self. I would help but I'm heading to Armona.

yosemiddysam

Donator
Ok I just thought about my post. You do not have to drop the K-member all the way....just lower it and raise the engine like posted above. I find it to be easier that way.

blackstallion06

Donator
WEll If they get here Today or Sat I plan on getting right on it if not I may skip the event sunday and do it then. Well as far as I know all you have to do is loosen the moter mounts and jack up one side of block. I am ready if you guys are..Sam and Beejay I could use your help if your free this weekend

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
just tell it like it is....lo, btw, i just put on my new adj fuel pressure regulator. gonna pull it on the dyno tomorrow

yosemiddysam

Donator
Did ya ask your wife for permission to do that too?????? Just checkin cause i am sure she is going to take it out of your allowance. LMAO J/K. Where ya going I wanna watch. Better yet what time? I leave around 11 or so to go camping.

blackstallion06

Donator
I havent got them yet. I may have to do it one night after work next week. Or possibly Sunday. I like to Dyno with you BeeJay I want to see my power gains from Headers I may run some oct booster or possibly race fuel as well

blackstallion06

Donator
Headers should be here Monday. I think Iwill start install after work if I can get help. The only thing is I dont have trans jack. I have a 3 ton and jack stands though. Just think it would be better at house that way I dont have to worry about the hobby shop closing

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
hobby shop is closed on monday anyway. this week might be hard for me. the weekend would be better. let me know when you want to dyno, i might be able to get you a good deal. i already ran yesterday tho. and then spanked a G35 that put down more power than me. lol

Foxman

if you guys have a harbor frieght around... trany jack is 50 bucks... I all ready have one

blackstallion06

Donator
I am just going to set a couple blocks of wood on my jack. Yeah we have harbor frieghtthey dont have one in stock checked already. I have to get them in this week. Race legal is Friday remember. Can dyno any time after i get them installed

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Yep that is what I thought. max HP from LT Headers is what 3-5 HP? What will that give you on the track? Mentally you will feel the difference. Only because you know it is stronger now. You will also swear it pulls harder down the track......Well whatever. It seems like alot of trouble as Roush said.

I am guessing so correct me if I am wrong.

Gib

Roushed2

302 Motorsports
if you own a 3.8l or a 5.0 they help alot but us modular 4.6l dont gain much from it like gibs said so i am debating very hard to do it or not all that we really gain is a better beefier sound