• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Help requested for San Diego Chapter for a Freedom Station patient

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Hey San Diego WS. I received a call from Ed Hanson of Ed Hanson's Muffler Shop. He is a huge supporter of the Warrior Foundation/Freedom Station for the wounded service members. He sponsor the Warriors United Show.
He is asking us for our help to help one of the amputee Marine whose Mustang's engine has failed. He is asking if we can speak/console him and give him direction to go with his car. Ed said he was getting better when the engine failed and working on his Mustang is his therapy. The Marine's name is Tim Reed and he has severe PTSD and was pretty messed up and the Mustang is his therapy. Ed said he was pretty broken up about it when it broke.
Before I call Tim, I would like to see if anyone who is knowledgeable about engines would like to help. I'm not that knowledgeable and I don't want to steer him wrong, but I wouldn't mind speaking with him to try to make him feel better. Please let me know if anyone can assist, then I will give him a call and find out what is exactly wrong with it and maybe set up a day we can meet him and see what we can help with.

Thanks in advance.

jj89gt

Hey San Diego WS. I received call from Ed Hanson of Ed Hanson's Muffler Shop. He is a huge supporter of the Warrior Foundation/Freedom Station for the wounded service members. He sponsor the Warriors United Show.
He is asking us for our help to help one of the amputee Marine whose Mustang's engine has failed. He is asking if we can speak/console him and give him direction to go with his car. Ed said he was getting better when the engine failed and working on his Mustang is his therapy. The Marine's name is Tim Reed and he has severe PTSD and was pretty messed up and the Mustang is his therapy. Ed said he was pretty broken up about it when it broke.
Before I call Tim, I would like to see if anyone who is knowledgeable about engines would like to help. I'm not that knowledgeable and I don't want to steer him wrong, but I wouldn't mind speaking with him to try to make him feel better. Please let me know if anyone can assist, then I will give him a call and find out what is exactly wrong with it and maybe set up a day we can meet him and see what we can help with.

Thanks in advance.
Being a Marine myself I will be very willing to help. Do you know what year the Mustang is. So we know what motor it is.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Thanks everyone. I will give Tim a call today after work. I will post up any info I get here. Thanks again for all you guys willingness to help.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I just spoke to Tim and offered our help with his engine. He own a 2003 Mach 1 and it's his baby. He said he appreciates our offer to assist him, but its a personal thing for him to do this engine rebuild himself. This is the second time he had to rebuild the motor and right now its more financial then anything so he's taking his time. He is in to road racing and I told him about some of our road racing guys, especially Northerncountry. He sound excited about it. He said he would like to come join us when he gets his car running. I told him he is more then welcome. I told him to check out our website and see when the next road racing event is. I also gave him my phone number, so if he does want assistance, to call me and I will post up on the forum and let the members know.

I appreciate all those who offered their help. But sounds like this is something Tim wants to do for himself. Like I wrote earlier, the car is his therapy so I will just wait for him when and if he would like assistance. At least he knows we are here to help him if he wants it.