• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I think I've made up my mind

Anthony Longoria

So I have been debating for a while weather or not to trade in my stang for something stronger. What I mean by stronger is trading my '02 GT for an '04 Cobra. Im just so close to paying it off and I feel like it would just hurt me to leave her. I have decided that Im going to keep it and once its paid off get me a nice truck and turn my stang into a street shreaddin , tire burnin, anything other than mustang smokin, super fast race car. What do you guys think ????

Current Mods:
Flowmaster Super 44s
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
K&N CAI
Ford Racing TB

I am stuck on what I should do next. I have a set of 4:10 Ford Racing gears brand new in the box sitting in my garage, I just havent had the money to get a good pro install. I have also been wanting to purchase a nice O/R X pipe from AM. I have also though about upgrading cams ...... need some fellow stang driver's advice .......

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Ya keep it pay it off and build it. Just think the money you would be paying for a payment can go into upgrades for this one.

Anthony Longoria

This is very true .... I have already invested soooo much money into this car .... stereo/system ... wheels .... cosmetic stuff .... and its still runs like a champ .... What so you think is a reasonable price for a good gear install ??

Anthony Longoria

Alot of people have said that 4:10s are too steep but I think its fine ... I really only drive like 5 miles a day if that ...

wickedbird

Ya keep it pay it off and build it. Just think the money you would be paying for a payment can go into upgrades for this one.

What he said! Why put yourself into more debt, you have a nice car that just needs some upgrades.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
I have 4:10's in mine and like them. Bennett is taking his to Brenspeed, so hit him up to see how much they are charging.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Ya do some more research, make sure TMS don't quote you one price then you order the parts and then they quote you a higher price.

Renegade

save the money and throw the damn 4.10s in yourself, hurry up your missing out on fun, you'll LOVE being geared!

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Ya cause that pissed me off, and a grudge from me will last a lifetime.

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
if it were me with a 2v gt i would save up, buy a shortblock, some decent heads and FI, because bolts are worthless on those things. If you want to slowly mod it while saving up, buy mods that will transfer over to the new motor.