• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Joined the CAM Crew

gmantheman

I had Comp NSR stage 2 cams installed on Saturday. There was an issue with the email tunes at 1st causing the car to run poorly and almost go into fail safe mode. Now that the email tunes are taken car off, the car runs great. These cams are not really notied for making the lopey idle of hotrods, Detroit Rockers or thumpers, but there is a noticable idle. Driveability does not suffer that much if any at all. Driving in traffic is not an issue. Yes, these cams do pull hard especially in the mid and upper RPMS.

gmantheman

I did make this video last Sunday. Not the best quality because of the wind. You can hardly hear the cams from this video

gmantheman

Now, I want to see how much these will help at the track. I don't feel any loss of power down low, which is usually associated w/cams especially the more aggressive, lopey cams.

Cali K1d

hey so im pretty new to this and i have a 06 but what would be a couple great ways to make my gt sound really mean??

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Calikid< The easy way to do it is to get a off road h-pipe.

Gman< mine must have a higher lift or something I cant just putt in first gear anymore. I have to use my clutch all the time in first gear. If not the car will knock you around like your on a bad 6flags ride. That is bad ass though you got them in and running good now. I heard one of the guys in the club with those cams and a s/c and you can barely here he has a cam. Im glad you got the loepy idel. We will have to compare the sound diffrence and make a thread so the guys can here the sound choice in the future. I know someone else getting some crowlers real soon as well.

gmantheman

hey so im pretty new to this and i have a 06 but what would be a couple great ways to make my gt sound really mean??

Almost everyone loves the sound of their own car. I do have one of the more unusual set-ups- Pypes catted X, 12" resontors and MAC axlebacks. With the addition of cams, this set-up is just loud enough and has a nice idle.

gmantheman

I took the car to Barona last Saturday. The cams didn't seem to help in the 1/8 mile. From what I have read they don't really help 60' and the 1/8 mile but do help in the 1/4.

blackstallion06

Donator
So what was your times. Mine mad a big diffrence with my tune. I added motion deletes at the same time. I went from running low 8's to high 7's. ( 8.2 and now 7.7)

gmantheman

My best times before and after the cams is 8.6. I don't have a dyno tune but according to a few people and even other tuners that with the cams I have, a dyno tune is not needed. In fact one tuner said that I don't even need to upgrade or change my email tune. Next month I will see how the car does on the 1/4 mile. If my times don't improve, then I may look at getting it dyno tuned.

gmantheman

I talked to ST motorsports. I believe it was Dan that I talked to . He suggested to run the car in the 1/4 mile first and see if my times improve before getting it dyno tuned. He said I probablly wouldn't notice too much in the 1/8 but it should make a difference in the 1/4.

blackstallion06

Donator
Well Mine mad good power after S/T tuned the car and ran much better. I know the hot rod cams said same thing NTR but I got it tuned just to be safe and get the most out of the money I just spent

northerncountry

I am looking at a port and polish with cams or just cams and a whipple I am not sure the route I am gonna go yet I still like being differnt so a STS is still in my thoughts we shall see

gmantheman

All three of your options sound awesome. Since you do more road course, I would think the STS would be your best bet.