• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Just got WIKD500 back from having the clutch TSB done.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
First things first, I took the car in because it starting slipping real bad on top end. But for the most part is was ok accept that really nagging 1-2 wot shift lockout. So I dropped it off last week and it was done yesterday.

Now, for the good stuff. As you probably know, you get the whole 2010 setup now. And that clutch is completely different. Here are the good points.

1. No more hiss on engagement.
2. No more gear rollover noise at low rpms in 1 and 2. Completely silent.
3. The petal takes almost NO pressure to push down. Its literally the lightest pedal push of all the muscle cars I owned in the past.
4. The shifts are now butter smooth. They didnt do anything to my trans, but it feels like a completely different shift now.
5. The thing comes off idle so smooth now, you almost need NO throttle to get it going.

The car is just so much fun to drive now. :rock:

Bad points.
1. I have to basically relearn to drive it now.

THAT'S IT! This was the best thing to happen to my car. It drives so smooth and has silent operation now. All I need to do now is put a few breakin miles on it, then I can rip on it and see if it solved my 1-2 wot lock out. If you can talk your dealer into it, you better get it done. The car is much more enjoyable to drive now. Thank you Ford!

dope3

thats nice it worked out for you if you need any lessons to learn how to dive it let me know lol

M

Mustangcwo

New Clutch!!!! Time to head to the track and get that baby broken in.

Maverick

Nice E, congrats on getting the Stang back in the stable man!! Bet that is a wicked ride now!

yosemiddysam

Donator
LMFAO........need to relearn how to drive it!!!!!!!!!!!! Monica is the only one who knew how to drive it in the first place and I bet she is doing fine!!!!!!!