• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Main Street America People's Choice Car Show

Boltvette

The plans are being made for the 2014 Main Street America car show, which we be held Sunday, July 27 at Embarcadero Park North (adjacent to Seaport Village) in San Diego.

The show is a fundraiser for the San Diego Center for the Blind and is open to all vehicle makes, models and years. As in previous years, there will be classes for both early and late model Pony Cars. One addition for 2014 is the "Race Car" class, for vehicles that are regularly taken to the track. So those of us who believe in driving them like we stole them won't have to compete with the show car only vehicles. Two awards per class, plus Best of Show, Club Participation and sponsor awards.

Those who have attended our show in the past can tell you that we do a few things differently. One is that we pre-assign parking spots. When you register, you can choose to park in your class, OR with your fellow club members, OR with another registered participant. You do not need to arrive together, so no cat herding is necessary. As long as you show up by 9, your spot is reserved.

This is a PREREGISTER ONLY show. We do not accept day-of-show entries. We've sold out 4 of the past 5 years. So do not wait until the deadline! When we're out of spaces, registration is closed, no matter the date. $30 registration fee includes lunch for 1 and a dash plaque.

I'll add a link to this thread as soon as it is up on our website, but in the mean time, feel free to email me for a copy of the registration flyer.
craig@angelwingstech.com

Sounds intriguing. Personally, I'd rather park in my class. Since it's people's choice, it would be a lot easier for voters to select their vehicle of choice if all the cars in that class were parked together instead of all over the place.