• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[Mar 29, 2014] 2nd Annual Stand Up Ride-Poker Run (Poway, CA)

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association is holding their second annual Poker Run. They have invited us to participate in the event. In case anyone have never heard of "Poker Run," it is a fun event. Put it simply, it is stud poker but add in a cruise with it. The best poker hand at the end of the cruise will win something. The idea is to hit different way point as designate on a set route. Its not a time race, so you go at your own pace to the different way points and collect your cards. Collect 5 cards and hope you have the best hand at the end of the day.

In addition, the Combat Vets have asked us to display our Mustangs at the starting point and at the finish line. If you would like to participate and not do the run, only want to display your car, you can do that too. We will ask when you sign up, specify what you would like to do.

The cost to participate in the poker run will be posted as soon as more info comes in. But displaying your car is a no cost. However, the area at the starting point (VFW Poway) is gravel ground and the finish line at the VFW Ramona is dirt road, so could get dusty.

We will meet at the Poway VFW at 7am. This is the starting point of the run. This is a fundraising event and a fun cruise at the same time.

Malcolm

661.9 RWHP and counting!
The Oklahoma Special will be out and about that day, but I have a Hail and Bail to attend that day as well. I've got to see if the times or wife conflict with this.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Remember, we are meeting at the Poway VFW first at 7am. Address is above. We will register and check in there then head out to the first stop in Escondido to wait for the official start. Details will be provided at check in.

Malcolm

661.9 RWHP and counting!
Bad news for me, the car will not be ready until later that day. Sucks. Wish I could have joined you out there.