• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

motor swap or build it?

wickedstang904

ok i have a 2001 gt as well as my 92 but the 01 has 150xxx miles and runs like crap. small mods done long tubes,x pipe. borla exhaust, steeda intake. keep in mind we have no smog here and want to build a nasty motor any sugestions? rebuild my motor or build something else. thanks

northerncountry

I would rebuild/upgrade it if you do a swap there will could be too many things involved, IE trans, bellhousing Clutch/flywheel. and of course the price of the new motor is not included. and if you do a rebuild you can up grade the internals bore and hone it port and polished heads with cams ready for some serious power for the same price as a swap... my 2 cents

fangs99

Then don't waist you cash on a 4v swap. Keep your stock crank, get a good set of rods and pistons, ported heads, and add boost.
You can save some money by getting some coyote rods.... Keep the compression up these tiny motors need it.

wickedstang904

almost thought about just building another windsor motor for it but i wana keep the a/c and heat powersteering and all that so dont think ill go carb

wickedstang904

mine is a 5spd and yeah i really dont need more than 500 to 600 hp wana keep it a driver but be able to play around with it

northerncountry

X2 and keeping the Comp up will allow you to not throw alot of boost at it.. maybe 11-12 lbs with the port and polish and you should be at 500 at the feet no sweat!