• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

"Mustang Madness" Sept. 18-20

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I know this is short notice and I'm not sure if I will even make it yet, but I may be going to Fontana on Sept 19-20 to race in PSCA's "Mustang Madness" class. It is an anything goes staggered tree bracket racing event!

I have already talked to PapaTom and he's willing to take the car up for me. We would likely stay in a hotel, motel, Holiday Inn over night.

I spoke with PSCA this morning and they said that they run 3 sessions of qualifying on Saturday. The first one kicking off @ around 8:30am. You have to make at least 1 qualifying pass on Saturday (19th) in order to compete on Sunday. They take your fastest Qualifying pass and subtract 1 tenth. That will be your dial in time for the rest of the event. It is run on a pro-tree. Sunday (20th) the Eliminations usually kick off @ around 9:30am.

Here is a link to the class rules: http://www.pscaracing.com/Rules/rules_09_mustang.html

I would love to see what my car will do in the 1/4 or find out if it will even make it to the end of the track with my gearing and transmission.

If I am not able to race (kids) I may go up to watch if others are racing. If anyone is interested post up!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I promised to help Shane with the Coast clean-up on Saturday morning. I may come up in the afternoon following the clean-up. I'll give you a call to see where you guys at if I come up.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I promised to help Shane with the Coast clean-up on Saturday morning. I may come up in the afternoon following the clean-up. I'll give you a call to see where you guys at if I come up.

Like I said, I'm still not 100% if we are going. Depends on if I get a sitter for the kids for Saturday morning. I'll keep you posted.

spdpilot

I checked it out and I might want to go depending on how my car runs this weekend.

Rules look familiar :) .400 tree also

The track show the event, but the PSCA website does not show that event???

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
From what Paul told me "Factory Installed Traction Control devices" are allowed even though the site says "No Traction Control"

They need to update that site!!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I can't go on Saturday, I checked my calendar and I have a BBQ to go to that evening. May drive out there Sunday if you guys are there.

M

Mustangcwo

If we can get three other cars to go, I'm willing to be the fourth car to make this a true WS event. I should have the Vortech installed and tuned before that date. First runs with a new power adder....SOUNDS LIKE MY KIND OF DEAL!!!

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
I'll be back! I think I will go to this. I need to take the stang out for a cruise.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Sorry guys, but I won't be able to make this one after all. However I will be going to Barona on Saturday.