• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustang Trivia Thread

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Phil it was not your turn.........Bullitt answered the question it is his turn.....

Another answer would have been the Auxillary jack in the center console for Ipods and such.

Gib

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
That was incorrect. The oldest one I have seen with my own two eyes was a Shelby I have to look at pics when I get home but it was a GT350 I think 65- 67

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
I will not be on until later to check this one but.........

Why was the number 500 assigned to the classic GT500?

Give your reference on this one........there is a reference with the wrong answer out there.

Gib

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
im guessing this is the wrong answer

The Car Tuner Carroll Shelby named the vehicle; in stock mustangs the 500 refers to the 428-cid (Cubic Inch Displacement: Volume of an engine’s cylinder and combustion chamber, with the piston at bottom dead center, multiplied by its number of cylinders [jcscoops.com])engine, able of pushing upwards of 355 horses, but for SHELBY Mustangs, the 500 refers to up to 500 hp CAPABILITIES.

http://www.akatoo.com/question.html?question_id=1593633

i'll keep looking

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Well that is a different version than I have seen. Anyway, it is partially correct.

I am gonna see if someone posts up the full thing on here.....

You really have to search as it is usually stated because of the Horsepower......

Gib

Bullitt5055

Which Models Were Produced and What Do the Letters and The Numbers Mean?

There were two basic models and their variations, the GT 350 and the GT 500. The first Shelby Mustangs were the GT 350 models. The GT designates that the car is based on the Mustang GT (Grand Tourism). There are anecdotes regarding the exact nature of the 350 designation, but it seems that the number was chosen because it was larger than any other number that was on a car badge and because it was a fairly rounded number. The "R" on the GT 350R models stands for "racing", since the purpose of these cars was actual competition. The "H" on the GT 350H models stand for "Hertz" and these cars were manufactured specifically for the car rental company. The 500 was used on the GT500 was to signify that the particular model had the big block V8, in contrast to its smaller sibling. The KR designation in the 1968 GT 500KR, stands for "King of the Road".

http://www.geocities.com/eskoufos/shelbyfaq.html

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
gtg.......Your turn.......BJ was pretty close but the 500 HP thing is not correct.

Gib