• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustangs Vs. The World Part II

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Ok Wickedstangs.....Work is underway to get Mustangs Vs. The World Part II.
The date will be Saturday, 8/22. the plan is to go to the T&T on Friday, 8/21 and have a Wickedstangs Camp Out at the track and be there for the event the next day. Overnite camping is free, just bring your RVs or tents. This will be a nite race on both days. 6pm-Midnight. Gates open at 4PM. Those that don't want to campout can get a room at Barona. Its just 5 miles up the road.

A reminder how this work last time..........

This will be a true street style event meaning that all cars participating in this event must have a current registration and insurance. Cars may be trailored, but will need to show Registration & Insurance before any awards are given. NO ELECTRONICS

The classes will be 6, 7, 8, 9, 10sec/slower cars. Test n Tune time will be afforded to everyone before the actual event kicks off to give you an idea of what time zone your car will be in. If you are caught sandbagging you will be DQ'd from recieving any awards. Once the event starts it will be run elimination style. You lose and your out. The last car standing in each time zone is the winner for that class.

So, stay tune. Updates to come. However, we will need sponsors for trophies. If you or know someone or business that can sponsor or donate trophies for the classes, that will be greatly appreciated. Please either PM myself or Wickedstangs if you're interested in sponsoring a class. Thank You.

The trophies needed for the following classes:

TROPHIES NEEDED (1st, 2nd, 3rd places)...

6 Sec Class
7 Sec Class (Wickedstangs)
8 Sec Class (sdsubzero4)
9 Sec Class (McBullit & IgottaV8)
10sec Class (Red & PapaTom)
Low RT

Club Champion

Please enter text for the engraving:

MUSTANGS VS THE WORLD 2
Class (6,7,8,9,10,ET, RT), Place (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
Date: TBA
Sponsored by: YOUR NAME/BUSINESS

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
How much money is needed to sponsor a trophy?

I believe the place we always get it at is www.trophyoutlet.com. If that's not right, let me know. If you want to sponsor, just let us know which category you like to sponsor and just order whatever style of trophy you want from the site. It's not very expensive, their set price is pretty cheap.

Soliz53

Donator
I'll find out how much for a trophy and I'll donate for one. And remmeber I can also use my truck to trailor the race car up there so let me know.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I'll find out how much for a trophy and I'll donate for one. And remmeber I can also use my truck to trailor the race car up there so let me know.

Thanks. Just PM me or Wickedstangs what class you like to sponsor if you choose to. Thanks.

M

Mustangcwo

We need to get together and put together the rules for this one:

1. Registration and plate
2. No Electronic speed/power control
3. Must remain within .1 of of class speed. (8.0 can not go faster than 7.9)
4. $10 registration fee must be paid prior to first test and tune pass.
5. Brackets will be established by placing the slowest car in the bracket against the fastest and so on.

Just a few to get it started.

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
We may sponsor a class, we will talk to you tonight.

Paul Huizenga

Just a suggestion - Have you considered doing it in Open Comp format instead, and running it as one big class?

Basically, everybody gets their three qualifying passes. Your best pass in quals, minus a tenth, is your dial, and you can't change it. Ladder is by reaction time.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA

5. Brackets will be established by placing the slowest car in the bracket against the fastest and so on.

Yes, we do need to discuss ground rules and speak with Barona with helping to tech with electronics.

Just a suggestion - Have you considered doing it in Open Comp format instead, and running it as one big class?

Basically, everybody gets their three qualifying passes. Your best pass in quals, minus a tenth, is your dial, and you can't change it. Ladder is by reaction time.

Paul, can you help us with setting up the brackets? Since you have experience with this type of event.

Maybe we can all get together, sit down and go over what we will need and how it should be set up and staged.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Paul, issnt that the way we did it last time.......

We took the lowest time they acheved and put them in that bracket....if they were at.1 over or under a clas, they had the choice of which one to run if I remember correctly....

Gib

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?

6. Drivers stay with your car in the staging lanes
7. Be ready to stage on a minutes notice
8. Class on the car some where
9. Grudge Matches after both cars are eliminated

These are just a few I saw from the last one

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Agree with number 8......I caused someone to be out last year because I didnt know what class they were in and the time was too fast for the next class up.......it was cleared up but still they didnt lose....I was just un informed.....

We need radios this year between the coordinators.....cellphones didnt work very well....

Gib

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
How about handicaping the brackets?

An 8 runs a 8.99 on a bracket tree?

Just an idea to keep people from foot braking. It's not hard on the tower because they can punch the numbers in the computer for the tree

Paul Huizenga

Paul, issnt that the way we did it last time.......

We took the lowest time they acheved and put them in that bracket....if they were at.1 over or under a clas, they had the choice of which one to run if I remember correctly....

Gib

Nah, last time it was more of an index, which is hard on the guys who are in the middle (like an 8.50 car) because they have no choice but to sandbag - they'll never beat an 8-flat/7.90 car, so they have to drop down into the 9.0 index.

With an Open Comp format, it's more like a regular bracket race - offset tree, etc., but with a dial-in that's fixed by your qualifying time. Makes for a more-level playing field, but I know that a lot of guys would prefer to run a heads-up tree.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
These are all excellent suggestions. We will need to get together and put all these together. I will set a date and time once I get confirmation from Barona.

Thanks.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Nah, last time it was more of an index, which is hard on the guys who are in the middle (like an 8.50 car) because they have no choice but to sandbag - they'll never beat an 8-flat/7.90 car, so they have to drop down into the 9.0 index.

With an Open Comp format, it's more like a regular bracket race - offset tree, etc., but with a dial-in that's fixed by your qualifying time. Makes for a more-level playing field, but I know that a lot of guys would prefer to run a heads-up tree.

That is what I was talking about last time..

These are all excellent suggestions. We will need to get together and put all these together. I will set a date and time once I get confirmation from Barona.

Thanks.

Yes we do...

Paul Huizenga

If you want to have more categories (as opposed to one big open comp or bracket division) another way to do it would be with simple, easy to verify heads-up classes, plus one bracket/open comp class for the guys who don't feel like they'd be competitive running heads-up

Power adder/DOT slick or drag radial
Power adder/Street tire
NA/DOT slick or drag radial
NA/Street tire
Handicapped tree (Bracket or OC)

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I like Paul's ideas on this, but I think in order for this to be successful we would have to have a better turnout than we did last time. I.E. participants other than Wickedstangs members.