• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 1985 Mustang LX (Notchback)

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
I looked at a few different mini tubs already... looks like the going rate is about $130. And installation doesnt look to complicated either aside from notching out the frame rail.

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
I got the front bumper assembly removed today as well as the right fender. Im going to shave the antenna same as I plan to do on my 06... i dont know what it is, but i just hate antennas... Almost ready to yank the engine and trans :)

Foxman

hey also let me know if you want to update to the newer tail lights... I will trade you..

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
I will let you know. Im not sure yet what route im going with the tail lights yet.

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
So Ive been tossing ideas around about what color to paint this project... obviously I am very partial to black and I know the car would look great in black but I have also been thinking about a Burnt Orange color like you see on some corvettes. And I am really starting to like the paint scheme on the GT below. Whats your take on a 85 Notch with windveil blue and grey racing stripes?

0704_M5LP_02_040-46-WALK_hp.jpg

Renegade

So Ive been tossing ideas around about what color to paint this project... obviously I am very partial to black and I know the car would look great in black but I have also been thinking about a Burnt Orange color like you see on some corvettes. And I am really starting to like the paint scheme on the GT below. Whats your take on a 85 Notch with windveil blue and grey racing stripes?

0704_M5LP_02_040-46-WALK_hp.jpg

thats the paint scheme we were gunna do on my GT lol, do it Joe, i want to see how it looks

fangs99

you could do a dark metalic green like whats on the old 69-70 mustangs but i like green... just a thought.
the orange would look really good too. maybe a orange and black two tone.....

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Well since the GT is in the shop I decided to put in some work on the Notch. Me and my Bro started mig welding the seams in the floor boards. Got pretty far today, still gotta rip up some more of the rubber matting that covers some of the seams. My welds are not the greatest (havent welded in years..) but im sure they are stronger than the factory spot welds lol... Besides im gonna run a bead of sealant over them and cover it all with carpet : )

seamwelds.jpg

Foxman

Long time no see man.. Good to see your staying on the 85 project.. Im in the middle of building a 408 windsor for my green fox

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Hell yeah! How you been Andy? Yeah I got all the seams welded now just gonna grind my welds a lil smoother prime them, seal them and then scuff and prime the whole inside. Next up... roll cage and mini tubs!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Oh and did you see my 06 GT paint thread Andy?

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
What happened to the Turbo'd LS motor?

Foxman

Well the truth is i blew it up... Then bought a running 5.7 and before the build was done i traded for this 79 notch
sa3arana.jpg

Nitrous 347.. Sold motor out of it to build 408.. Then nate decided to get rid of my old hatch...( traded him green hatch for the silver notch) so we traded back roller for roller

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Holy cow LOL... that was a round Robin....sorry about the LS. But nice notch!!