• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

my 2 am adventure!

ears

well, around midnight i gave up on a project that i had started, and said to myself. i have some time finally, why dont i take out that heater core and prep that area for the wiring that will shortly be goin in. (bad idea)

for those who dont know on these sn95's you have to remove the entire dash board to pull the heater core out, which sounds very intimidating, however its only about 12 small 8 mm bolts holding the thing to the car. the problem is, and what i have recently found out is.... the damn thing weighs about 300 lbs! so, now i have a dashboard/ steering column assembly sitting in my car! not attatched to anything! here are a few pics.

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

like i said, the idea is to pull the dash out, and get rid of the heater core, and all the ducting back there, shedding a few pounds. then take a look at the wiring and find out what i need and dont need. get rid on what i dont, and redirect in a more logical manner what i do. all in preperation for the new ecu, and wiring.

ears

on a side note

on a side note for those who havent seen lately, or at all for that matter. heres the new hood pins from earocatch, and the new wheels with brand spankin new kdw's. ill get a few better pics as the car rolls out of the garage. ill have a field day with pics on that day!

theyre recessed pins that lock from the underside. completely unique, unlike anything ive ever seen! and they look damn good installed!
IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

and here is a quick look at the new shoes. the wheels are 18x9.5 up front, and 18x10.5 in the back, with 255's on the front and 325's on the back, i do beleive. i know theyre 18's id prefer 17's myself. but i cant beat the deal i got on em. so theyre staying, and they really look great anyway!

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
wow, were you get these pics from:) man that is task from hell there.. Keep them pics coming

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
KDW's are the poop. I will be getting another set put on mine in the future. They are the best tires I have had on the rear of my car. Just a little pricey. I think I paid about 700$ for my back two.

Renegade

those are the first pics ive ever seen of your car ears, damn guess i have to believe its real now

ears

kdw's are the sh*it, id put nothin else on the ole girl. when i priced these it was between 1200 and1500 for all four. and i bought them and the wheels for 600. can you say bangin deal!

yea,im not too good at putting up pics, but half way through this one im so astonished at how little there is holding ths thing in, and how heavy it really is, i couldnt help but take a few. shes comin together, slowly but surely. im tryin to get it all done the way i want it the first time before she hits the street!

ears

sounds like you need a little extra muscle

yea i need alot of extra muscle. after failing at removing it, i was miandering through the haynes manual, and it says very clearly before the instructions start, do not attempt this task by yourself. the dash consol is very large and cumbersum, this job should be done with atleast two-three people.

i was like,,,,, :doh:

M

Mustangcwo

It sure is looking good. Will it be our club static display at Mustangs Vs. The World?

mustangtim

South Carolina
Nice project ,I will definately get help if I ever need to take my dash out after seeing those pictures. I love those rims cant wait to see a picture of the car out of the garage.

ears

well, i worked for a good long while today. and finally its done. im extremely surprised at how much lighter the dash is minus all the wiring and all the garbage on it. in the end i was able to lift it out myself. looking at it though its much more complicated than the wiring in the engine bay. unlike the engine bay where the wires and plugs perty well lie where where they need to be. i find behind the dash board the wires are snaked around and find themselves to their destination in the worst way! snaked in and out of the frame of the dash... if theres one thing that ford aint good at, its got to be wiring! **** looks like ass, and youll see what i mean. heres the pics. enjoy the fruits of my labor!

in process::::::::

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

almost there:::::::::::

IMG_1341.jpg

ladies and gentlemen. this is what your car looks like without a dash board.

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

and this is what your dash looks like minus the car!

IMG_1342.jpg

now let the real work begin.... digging through that mass of tangled wires! time to sort out fords mess!

ears

ill have to flip it over and take a pic of the back, yall can see what the back side looks like! i think its safe to say that its well reinforced!