• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

my 2 am adventure!

ears

well yall, i pulled the heater core out. and ran into a bit of a snag.on the firewall where the lines ran through for the ac and heater, theres now a gap. id didnt know, but apparently the heater core held those grommets in, and theyre actually a part of the core itself. this makes it tough to fill them. im not gonna run around with gaping holes in the firewall. that wouldnt be very safe. so if anyone has any ideas id love to hear em. ill take a few pics and throw em up.

ears

alright, heres the problem

the holes from the outside:

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

holes from the inside::

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

and the car minus the heater core, and just a bit of rearanging. lookin better already::

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

and this is the gargantuan heater core outside the car. now when you say that you can pull some weight out of the car when doin an ac delete, this is where it all comes from i assure you. and with that being said. i have one thing to say to all of you who have done quote ac deletes!!

your ac deletes weak biatch!! lol

IMG_1357.jpg

and here are a few things that i got from jegs. they came in a few days ago, just never posted em up.

a hurst roll controle. i got it along with all the tubbing and fittings needed, but yall know what break line looks like.
IMG_1355.jpg

a few toggles to complement the new ecu. gufi doesnt agree, but oh well... lol!! theyre gonna controle the following. fuel pump one, fuel pump two, full elect power, line lock, and elect fan. oh and the push button.

IMG_1356.jpg

and then a fender cover to keep me from jackin up the paint any more than it already is.

IMG_1358.jpg

ears

heres the final product. worked just about all week on how to get these panels to work correctly, and shaped them little by little. all is done just needs some black paint. turned out alot better than i thought it would.

heres the center console. with the push button start installed,,, all is lookin good
IMG_1360.jpg

managed to mount the ecu to the glove box compartment with no problems, the map line and harness go through their own respected holes in the panel, in a way that i dont have to worry about kinking or chaffing on either.
IMG_1361.jpg

and heres the whole dash.
IMG_1363.jpg

never mind the aircraft parts laying around... lol!!