• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Navy retention

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
All, are you aware of the NEW NAVADMIN that has came out for downsizing the Navy. Some of us are going to be let go. This includes;

- PAYGRADES E4 THROUGH E8

- AT LEAST 7 YEARS OF ACTIVE SERVICE COMPUTED FROM THEIR ACTIVE DUTY
SERVICE DATE

- LESS THAN 15 YEARS OF ACTIVE SERVICE

- END OF ACTIVE OBLIGATED SERVICE AS EXTENDED ("SOFT" EAOS, OR SEAOS) OF
1 OCTOBER 2012 OR LATER (EAOS PLUS ANY NON-OPERATIVE EXTENSION).

- BE IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING 31 OVERMANNED RATINGS:

ABF AWR EO PR
AD AWV ET(SURF) PS
AE AZ FC(NON-AEGIS) RP
AG BU GSE SH
AM CE MM(SURF) STG
AS CM MN SW
AT EA MR UT
AWF EM(SURF) OS

There are some exemptions! get with your CHAIN OF COMMAND to find out more.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
They say we could put in for conversions and I believe HM is open.

dtopford

GSM1 just over 12 = Safe for now
I expect them to subcontract out the entire Naval service here very soon.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Put in for MA (if its open), at least something to get you prep for when you get out. HM is good, too.

I don't think "MA" was on the list, but that is a good thought. IDK if I would want to be a HM though, I should though 7 1/2 til I retire.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
I hate when they chop the middle out of the Navy. Clinton did this during his term and the Navy is just starting to recover the loss of knowledge and leadership....now here they go again. What are they doing?????

Cut the admirals and hundreds of O-6s that are milking the system. Then they could save some real money!!!!

ABEC/ E-7 Over 18 appears safe for now, but like CWO says the knowledge of the deckplate proffessionals who are the heart of our work force will be most affected.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Waiting for PTS now... just hope to make E-6 to be safe for a min. I make it Im re-enlisting all the way out to 20

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
E6 isn't safe. I had to PTS this last fall, my EAOS is feb, but i'm likely re-enlisting this summer

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Well I had a meeting with SURFPAC CMC the other day and he spoke about tis. Basically if you dont give them a reason to get rid of you, they wont. There will be some that get booted that should be kept, but that happens alot.

Good luck to all and hopefully you all get to have the choice to get out.

I am safe for another 2 years, then have to worry about the continuation board myself.

Gib

Yeah there is the continuation board, but as long as you aren't sitting on your butt and you are improving or at least visibly active should be ok.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
If I pick up 8 this year I wont have to worry about the continuation board til I am over 20 though.....hope this is the year.

Gib

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
Gibs, I hope so too, I also hope this is my year for E7. I really dont want to be a 14-15 year first...