• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

NEW HOOD-The 4 P's

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
WOW WOW WOW!!!!

That thing looks amazing. You really need to go int business.....

Name your price with that kind of work. You will have them lined up for weeks to get you to do work.

Gib

GT400SC

PM for Decals
I'm really pleased with my work. And I'm pleased with a $20 Ebay V6 grille that covers up the HUGE lower opening.

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
I believe he is refering to Wicked Stangs Performance shop. And your car looks amazing. I may have to ask for some of your opinions and knowledge when I tear into my hood for those Louvers. I am definitley looking for the same flawless results you have on your hood. And not for $2,500 either.

Actually I might as well ask you now. Do you know of a tool that will sort of crimp a metal edge. What I want is for those louvers to fit flush on my hood. So the edges of the hole I cut will have to dip down and then level back out for the Louvers to lay down on it. Did I make sense? Not sure if I explained it right.. I looked for a tool such as this online but I dont know what it would be called.

GT400SC

PM for Decals
Yeah, you need a flanging tool-air powered. But to make it work, you have to separate the hood's outer layer from the inner layer. That might be part of the reason their quote was so high.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=1110

The tool is used after you cut the opening. It will make the metal "step down" and create a "lip" for the part to sit on. But with the inner skin of the hood still attached, this tool will be hard to use. I have one if you want to borrow it.

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Thanks for the info. That is just what I had in mind. I want to make these thing look like Ford put them there. That is why I dont want to just lay them on the hood after the holes are cut. It is pretty cheap so I will just purchase one. I need an excuse to get a air compressor anyway. Thanks for the offer though. Im sure I will need more advice once I start measuring and cutting. "Measure twice and cut once" right... LOL