• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

NEW HOOD-The 4 P's

GT400SC

PM for Decals
Feast your eyes on this!

Stripes!!!!

pg4o.jpg

pg4p.jpg

pg4q.jpg

pg4r.jpg

Larger pic:

P1010063a.jpg

GT400SC

PM for Decals
Thanks.

I was driving through downtown La Mesa today. At one intersection, the guy crossing in the crosswalk in front of me stopped and said...

"I suppose you already know how bad ass your car looks, don't you?"

To which I answered, "Yeah, but I also know how much gas costs, too!"

He laughs and says "Well, it looks like it'll pass anything....except a gas station."

We had a good laugh as I drove off.

pg4u.jpg

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
that looks great! the hood pins will fit in great! are you good with doing hood pins? im thinking about buying a set cept i wouldnt know how to install them plus afraid of messing it up

GT400SC

PM for Decals
You know....

I try to impart what knowledge I have freely so you all won't be afraid to try things yourself thereby saving yourself money.

I was given quotes of $400 to $850 to paint this hood. One place said they'd do it for $150 but I saw their work and I RAN from their shop.

So, do it yourself and save a ton of money. Fear is not an option.

As for the hoodpins, yes. I'm really good at installation. Good because there's nothing to it. 99% of it is planning. Of course, I understand the reluctance of drilling holes in your hood but like Nike says..."Just do it".

I'm not a big fan of hood pins but cars with fiberglass hoods really require it. If you have an aftermarket fiberglass hood and you're depending on the factory latch without hood pins, you're a fool and your hood will fly open on you on the freeway at 75 mph sooner or later. Trust me!

I don't like the way they stick up and snag my car cover, I don't like the way the mechanics at the dealership jerk the pins out and drop them lettting them slam against the car swinging on their lanyards. I don't like trying to wax or polish around them or their leaking water into the engine compartment when I'm washing the car.

But, it's either that or I risk a 5 foot by 5 foot parachute some day slamming into my windshield at freeway speeds.

So, if I HAVE to put them on, it's going to be perfect and aesthetically pleasing.

I'll take pics of course.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
you mind assisting me i do purchase them

i love your work on your hood it looks perfect! this was a really good post by you and very informative thanks for the info

GT400SC

PM for Decals
The FINAL TOUCH-Hood Pins

Installed Sparco Hood Pins and lanyards. They are not chrome. They are better, they are stainless steel. They will never rust or flake.

pg4v.jpg

pg4w.jpg

I also installed my custom one-off LOWER grille. It was made from a V6 UPPER grille. It was cut, trimmed, heated with a heat gun and reshaped to fit the lower opening. And it still has the chrome pony hiding behind the license plate.

pg4x.jpg

The hood is DONE!

Well, almost. I still have to hook up the wiper spray nozzle hoses.

W

wickedstangs

Try to come out to Race Legal that thing looks amazing..And I have a red sticker.:)