• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

new s197 wheel fitment

ears

wait im confused. you want my v6 springs for your car and ull give me your springs for the cobra? i dont have v6 springs. besides the ones that are on the wifes 2010.
and those are gonna be gone in a week. were trading up to these!!!!
http://www.tein.com/products/mono_flex.html

unless youre talkin about the springs that jokers givin me????? but would those even work for a s197??? then you would what, give me your s197 v8 springs,,,, actually that brings me to a question, is there even really a differance in the v6& v8 springs?? and what would the differance be between the sn95 springs, and the s197 springs? i noticed that jokers springs look thicker than mine, they look like theyll work the same. they just look a bit thicker!

so please do explain. gibs if you can help me out a bit in understanding this that would be great!

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
I have no clue about the differences between 6 or 8 springs or whether they will fit between the different models......

ears

im confused about what he wants to trade???? not sayin i wont,,,,, but i cant even think about it until i actually know whats goin on!!! lololololololol!!!!!!

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
the difference between the springs of a v-6 and v-8 are the stiffness. i cant remember where, but awhile back someone put up a chart with all of the load ratings. v-6 springs are a little softer.

ears

nice man,,,,, thats usefull.

alright so is he wanting my 2010 springs,,,, or what?????

either way, so i was gonna tear up my wheel well today, but they called me into work. those fu*ckers! so im gonna have to push it off till tomorrow.

ears

not too copasetic!!!!

well,,, i chopped up the wheel well on the drivers side. threw in the new spring. pulled the axle dampner, and adjusted a few things and this is what i got out of it.

heres the wheel unsprung. looks nice and the stance is mean as hell lookin, with the taller springs in the rear. so thats the good news.
IMG_1213.jpg

heres the back side. note the lack of the axle dampner. cleaned it up a bit and cleared some room for the meat!
IMG_1214.jpg

kinda hard to see but i was tryin to get a good pic of the back side of the tire, where i adjusted a few things. here its all good. everything is moved away from the tire. and its not gonna rub on anything.
IMG_1215.jpg

here we start getting into the problem. this is before i cleaned it up a bit so that sharp point aint there no more. but all the same that edge sits right above the tire. so it may not hit when its unsprung. or even when someone sits in it. but one good bump, and there goes the tire.
IMG_1217.jpg

another pic of the back side. again things are clear, and nothing is in the way. about a good inch to inch and a quarter of clearance, even if it were sprung, its all good.
IMG_1218.jpg

alright now heres the real winner. this is what im really worried about. this front edge / corner, its seemingly too close. again it sets fine, and it may not make contact when someone sits in the car, but one good bump and it looks like itd catch the tire and tear it in half!
IMG_1219.jpg

ears

alright, so the pics are up......

everything seems a bit better, especially in the rear with the dampner removed. but on the foward section of the wheel well, it appears as though, the edge could catch and turn my day upside down.

ive put taller springs in. put a 1/4 inch spacer in. and cut a good bit of the wheel well out. atleast what i could reasonably cut without cutting too deep into the framework. yet the foward edge still seems ucomfortably close to the tire. so what else is there to do??????

emilio recommended a guy for larger studs and spacers...... but it would be a last resort to pay a hundred bucks for spacers. and even more if the lugs arent right, or i would need longer ones. however, at this point i dont know much of anything else to do!

ears

well,,,, i think im gonna break down and get the spacers. the ones im lookin at cost between 150 and 200....... absolutely rediculous for a few pieces of metal........ but atleast im gettin arp studs..... so,,,,,,, ive got a few options. so im lookin for someone whos done this.

the sizes that ive seen are 1 inch, 1.25, 1.5, and 2. since these things are so rediculously expensive i wanna make sure i get the right one the first time.

seems like if i got the 2 inchers itd look like skateboard wheels, and would probably hit the fender real good. at the same rate im not sure just pushing it out an inch would be as affective as i would like.

here in a few ill go out and attempt to see what it would look like with the inch spacer, by stacking up 4 1/4 spacers on one wheel, and attempt to get the wheel to atleast set on the studs. just to see where it would sit. and ill probably just go from there.

any advise would be great

ears

yea i already did. that pic was right after i trimmed it. just to see where the tire would sit. it wasnt permanent. i imediately pulled the wheel back off to trim up the edges. thanks for the concern though.

02gt

ok you didn't tell me they were cobra R's but they will look fine because they are black and they have a lip on them, alought seeing how they are 19's you should be like those clowns that put the size number of their rims on the side of you fender then you'll be a real balla!!!!! LOL

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
ok you didn't tell me they were cobra R's but they will look fine because they are black and they have a lip on them, alought seeing how they are 19's you should be like those clowns that put the size number of their rims on the side of you fender then you'll be a real balla!!!!! LOL

Man I just ordered these for my car :rofl:
22emblem.jpg

ears

well,,,, the wheel spacers finnaly came in a few days ago. so i went out and put em on today, and let me say!! they look great on the slowbra. i think i made the right choice here with these spacers. theyre only an inch and a half, which really is a lot. but they push the wheel out just enough so they dont make me nrevous. and the tire only sticks about a 1/4 of an inch out of the wheel well. so its hardly noticeable.

ill throw pics up on the 16th when i get off the boat!