• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Shoes for the car.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I will post pictures later after I get home.

Yesterday, PapaTom helped me put on a new pair of Cobra brakes on the stang. The difference is amazing, not just the size, but the stopping. I can actually stop the car at a reasonable distance now. LOl!

But just want to put a shout out and a huge thanks to Tom for again stepping up and giving his assistance to another member. Oh, and he not only put it on, but picked it up from the seller for me up north. It would have been a quick job if it weren't for one stinkin bolt. :nonono: An hour job turned in a 3 hours job because of this one bolt. But it is so worth it at the end. Also, a thanks to 4.6stangpower for his assistance and providing some needed tools.

Like I wrote above, I will post pictures when I get home.

Tommy

Stripped bolts are no joke! :rofl:

Especially with little working room. A trip to "Homies" Depot ( :pound: ) and it worked out though.

Thanks Jeromy again for giving us a hand :hello:

4.6stangpower

2001 gt vert
actually i have dibs on next swap n yall are welcome it was nothing just a hop skip n jump to ur house lol :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

02gt

who the in the right mind would want to put gay ass covers on cobra brakes????

Ford1288

Donator
The same person who has stickers all underneath his hood! :) I personally dont like the caliper covers either I was just asking.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I don't know what I'm going to do with the covers yet. I may put it up for sale. But those rotors look hot on the car.

ears

next your gonna have to remove those faux hood pins man....... time for the real deal!!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
next your gonna have to remove those faux hood pins man....... time for the real deal!!

Why would I need real one when I still have the stock hood. It's not going to fly off. Maybe if I decides to change over to a lighter one, then I will put new ones on. Its just for appearance right now. I have better things to do with the money then put real hood pins on for now.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Alright, here are the pictures.

Tom busy at work. (This was before he discovered the "bolt")
PICT5634.jpg

PICT5640.jpg

The cross drill/slotted rotors
PICT5636.jpg

Cobra Calipers (painted Red)
PICT5637.jpg

Stock Rotor vs Cobra Rotors
PICT5639.jpg

Complete
PICT5641.jpg

PICT5642.jpg