• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Team Z Motorsports K-Member and A-Arms arrived [INSTALLED]

Tommy

Much sooner than I expected, and better looking in person! :rock:

DSC06177.jpg

I requested the optional tie down hooks

DSC06173.jpg

DSC06169.jpg

DSC06175.jpg

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
dang what is going on here???????? not one but two... MustangCWO were is yours???? or Eric????

0ne_sik_notch

what is the deal with the 2 D's welded to the cross bar? is that for tie douns? my K member dont have them hmmm

Tommy

Here's a teaser. It's too late to continue so I'll post pics of the installed Team Z K-Member soon.

Stock K-Member:

Sucker is HEAVY!

DSC06192.jpg

DSC06187.jpg

Tommy

I can't say enough about the fit and finish. I've swapped a few K-Members in the past with fitment issues, but this was like a simple walk in the park. I ordered the hardware kit as well, which is quality high grade stuff.

Right away you can see a HUGE benefit in weight reduction.

DSC06208.jpg

DSC06210.jpg

DSC06225.jpg

BEFORE

DSC06184.jpg

AFTER

DSC06217.jpg

DSC06218.jpg

Daniboy1983

How much street driving is recommended with this K-member? It looks really flimsy for such a key suspension component that could be subjected to some crazy stuff on the street.

Daniboy1983

I understand that, but don't most guys still drive to and from the track? I sure do, but maybe that is just because I'm a poor bastard. I guess I'm just wondering how well these lightweight k-members last with the occasional trip to and from the track.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I understand that, but don't most guys still drive to and from the track? I sure do, but maybe that is just because I'm a poor bastard. I guess I'm just wondering how well these lightweight k-members last with the occasional trip to and from the track.

What do you think is going to happen to it? It's not a clutch lol!

Looks good Tom! I wish you would have had your car weighed before the transformation.

Tommy

These K-Members are built to stand up to high torque engines and landings after wheelies. I'd suspect that the occasional pot hole wouldn't even tickle it.

Think about it, all it mostly does is hold the engine up and provide an anchor point for the lower control arms. Road imperfections put more strain on the shock towers than the K-Member

0ne_sik_notch

These K-Members are built to stand up to high torque engines and landings after wheelies. I'd suspect that the occasional pot hole wouldn't even tickle it.

Think about it, all it mostly does is hold the engine up and provide an anchor point for the lower control arms. Road imperfections put more strain on the shock towers than the K-Member

you got a point

Daniboy1983

What do you think is going to happen to it? It's not a clutch lol!

Looks good Tom! I wish you would have had your car weighed before the transformation.

Ouch...HAHA

Well I've broke alot of stuff that should never break. I'm an expert at breaking things that shouldn't break. My dad always tells me that if a company wants to know if something will last they should give it to me for a year and if it survives it will last a lifetime for anybody else. My past experiences just make me a bit weary. Breaking quads is my specialty and that is what makes me question stuff that shouldn't break.

joker

Ouch...HAHA

Well I've broke alot of stuff that should never break. I'm an expert at breaking things that shouldn't break. My dad always tells me that if a company wants to know if something will last they should give it to me for a year and if it survives it will last a lifetime for anybody else. My past experiences just make me a bit weary. Breaking quads is my specialty and that is what makes me question stuff that shouldn't break.

lmfao so u and ears r like BFF huh cuz he breaks s*** all the time

Daniboy1983

ok that makes sense. I guess I was thinking more of turning and side loads but I'm sure that nobody in a drag oriented car is going to be doing any crazy maneuvers. Anyway I think I'm done with off topic questions for one night.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
ok that makes sense. I guess I was thinking more of turning and side loads but I'm sure that nobody in a drag oriented car is going to be doing any crazy maneuvers. Anyway I think I'm done with off topic questions for one night.

Not with 3.5" wheels up front :lol: