• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New young mustang owner!

DapperGTBen

How's it going guys I made a profile little ago but never introduced myself.
My name is Benjamin currently 20 years old and living in national city. I purchased few months back I would say in august my first(newer) car a 2008 mustang Gt! Hoping get meet a few of you guys soon, hopefully get some advise from the American muscle peeps!
I been into cars since I was 17 owned 3 vw's since then. I stanced them and built them. Hoping do same to my mustang.
I already got my jba exhaust put on and hid's(nothing fancy) but I'm purchasing hopefully by January my cai, 3:73 or 4:10 gearing( ofcourse with bearing kit) if anyone know good decent priced shops to install the gears. As well as hopefully getting my bama tuner because from what I read I will need to recalibrate my rpm because the gears will change it. Might as we'll buy bama tuner if I'm getting a tuner than the other ones right :p and lately be able to purchase a hurst short shifter. For most part I am a self mechanic but always like extra help or someone guide me through if I'm not completely knowing of what I am doing. If anyone out there willing teach me some of there master mechanic skills when I get my short shifter or if you can do gears to let me know the help and advise would be appreciated! I love my car so far just would like to open this motor up to it's true potential! Thanks for reading guys! Hopefully get some good feedback and advise from you all!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Welcome to WickedStangs, Benjamin and congrats on your Mustang. I would recommend getting the 4.10 since you have a manual. We can help you with putting in your gears and shifter with a donation to the club, which would be considerably cheaper than any shops and the install would be just as good. When you are ready, you can post up in the "Wickedstangs Install Garage" section and someone will get back to you. This is a good opportunity to learn how to put in the gears and shifter.
Again, welcome to WickedStangs and hope to see you at some of our events.

DapperGTBen

Thanks all for welcoming haha!
I'll be sure post on the garage post and do a donation! when's next car meet for you guys? So I can request day off ?
I can't wait start fixing my car up haha! Here some pictures of my old cars if any of you here like Vw's lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 138
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 124

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Thanks all for welcoming haha!
I'll be sure post on the garage post and do a donation! when's next car meet for you guys? So I can request day off ?
I can't wait start fixing my car up haha! Here some pictures of my old cars if any of you here like Vw's lol

We are planning to do a cruise on 12/22. Stay tuned. We will put up the meet info as soon as its finalized.

DapperGTBen

Anyone know maybe why I just deleted my mufflers off my car every time I rev my engine passed like 3k when it's cold my rpm also go up?

DapperGTBen

Like on a cold start up when ever I rev my engine passed around 3000rpm my mph gauge the needles will go bounce from 0-40 ?