• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Overhaulin!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I'm am posting these progress report pics per Emilio's request. I had an oil pan leak and a lower intake gasket problem that has lead to some mods. I had to pull the engine to fix the leak and one thing led to another.

Engine took 4 hours to pull and put on stand. I'm working alone! It's all good. Anyway when I installed this engine alot was done on a budget. I also wanted to have a nice street car with some get up and go. I somewhat accomplished the mission. I ran into money troubles and tried to sell this car for 1 1/2 years with no luck mostly because it doesn't have smog equipment. After feeling insulted that no one wanted my pride and joy I've decided to make it an all out drag car with the ability to drive on the street.

The pics are after the clean up of the lower intake and oil pan. I reinstalled the lower intake, but I couldn't put the pan back on because I am waiting on the gasket in the mail. I also decided to go with a full manual rack, so there are some pics without the ugly PS pump.

Lower intake re-installed.
DSCN0860.jpg

DSCN0861.jpg

PS pump removed
DSCN0865.jpg

Upper intake Mock ups
DSCN0866.jpg

DSCN0870.jpg

DSCN0871.jpg

I'll post progress and new parts as I go. Waiting on a Jegs shipment!

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
looks beautiful. and to correct you, its not that nobody wanted your car, its that it was too expensive. not that its not worth it, just a lot of money

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
That is a pretty engine you got there.

That car is nice just pricey. Like BJ said I think it was worth it but others wont spend that type cash unless they are a gearhead to begin with.

Gib

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I had lowered the price to $8000! I even told Emilio $7500! The engine alone has $6000 on it! O.k. let me take a deep breath.................ahhh. It's all good. It's probably the best thing I never sold.

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
very true....you wont regret it. and i tell you what man, if i had the money i would have bought it in a second. its a beautiful car

wikedcobra312

nice bob, you are the trickflow master, it seems like yester when i rode in the boss with giggle juice....ahhhh the memories

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Thanks guys. My list of parts in transit include..........Flaming river manual rack, Strange fully adjustable struts and shocks, AJE racing tubular A-arms and UPR front coil over kit with drag springs. BJ I'll be selling a set of 4 Tokico blues (struts & shocks) if you are interested. LMK.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Those are really nice BJ....you should get them for yours.

Gib

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
It does look great!! I am kicking myself in the butt right now for not buying it from you. I love Notches!! Oh well I will have one some day. But I like my GT so much I dont want to part w/ it. Guess I will have to convince the wife I NEED 2 Stangs...... LOL

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Here is a helpful hint in case anyone is planning to do what I did. The belt routing will be different and you will have to buy a standard rotation water pump from an early model 302. This can be had from Napa for $42.99. Here is a pic of what my new belt routing will look like.

beltrouting.jpg

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
looks truely bad ass. and your car is worth every penny you were selling it for just like any stang owner dont have that cash sitting around. but it is worth the price you were asking for if not more!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Here is what I have sitting in the garage. Just recieved this stuff yesterday. I'm working in crunch time right now because It's been a small dream of mine to race FunFord Weekend's true street event. I have about 1 month to get this car race ready. I will not have the money or the time to get anything done to the rearend, so hopefully the ****ty ford trac-lok holds up. My C4 is being built and should be ready on thursday of this week. Additional parts on the way include AjeRacing rod style tubular A-arms, SportComp 5" tach with shift light, Hurst roll control line lock, Flaming river tir rod ends and steering shaft, Hurst quarter stick with pistol grip and button for line lock, JW "the wheel" Flexplate, JW C4 bellhousing, Driveshaft safety loop, Jegs turndowns (taking off tailpipes), and last but not least a helmet! Anyway here are the pics........

Flaming river manual rack
DSCN0873.jpg

Strange fully adjustable Drag struts and shocks
DSCN0876.jpg

UPR coil over kit with #150lb drag springs
DSCN0875.jpg

Napa Autoparts standard rotation water pump
DSCN0877.jpg

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Thanks for all of the compliments on the car guys. I really enjoyed watching the races last night and can't wait to get out there racing again! Somebody buy my wheels, so I can get some slicks and skinnies!