• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Pacific Raceways Friday?

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
I'll be there in the lightning. Its my first day back from a month long underway. Anyways want to meet up? Gates open at 430.

txmach302

good luck to you, have fun, i've always had bad luck there, but others have had good luck, i try to just go to Kent and drag race there, also i may not ever be going till i get down to houston, since we will be tweaking a few things on my mach

ASh

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
Well since no one wants to go, i'll be sure to post pictures!

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Sounds good bro. I cant I have a b-day party for my son and I think I am going to install a new clutch so I have time to get some miles on it to run down here

txmach302

good luck to all that go, i'll be waiting till i move down to houston before i go to the drag strip and finally get a ideal on what the mach runs with the new setup. should be good i hope high 10's on drag radials, should run 10's for sure low low 11's. also i have a couple suspension parts that need to go on, one for sure will help with drag racing and my buddy that has the part said it made a hugh diff so i for sure want too get it thrown on before i go and also i figure texas with the weather the drag strip should still be open for when i get down there, i hope in Aug sometime

ASh

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
pretty sure i saw you marc, if yours was the white one trapping like 120...

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
a 2800 stall, 550 ft/lbs and street tires is how i did. Sideways at the 300' mark, consistent 2.20 sixties and trap speeds 5mph off my norm because i had to pedal it so much. best run was a 13.15 @ 108

blackstallion06

Donator
11.7 is fast wow.. that is a heavy truck. My buddies back home made close to 600 RWHP and still didnt seem really fast. It melt the tires off and throw you back in seat but they are heavy. To make one fast takes alot

Cool. Had duty. Curtis is out of town and i leave for San Diego Tomorrow for awhile. Will be turning the stang over to my wifes cousin. Hopefully they get the bassani exhaust in while im gone so they can install it.

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
11.7 isnt bad for a built motor lightning. 550-600hp will get them into the 10's with suspension stuff. His truck ran 12.1 with the tailgate, bed cover, bed rug and spare tire on it

Marc S

My car ran really really bad. It was missing in 3rd and 4th gear. My best run was a 11.51 @ 123. On my last run, I was going to data log it. I got into 3rd gear, it started missing, and then it died, I coasted through with a 13.46 @ 68 MPH. Popped the hood and found a torn charge pipe hose. Replaced it and headed for home.

blackstallion06

Donator
So now your going to retune and go with meth? I wonder how much more power you will make. I wonder if you can get over 900 rwhp?

Marc S

I don't think I will make much more HP over my race gas tune. However, I won't have to run my de-tuned 91 octane tune anymore. My pump gas tune (610whp) doesn't have much timing and I run a bigger pulley. With the meth, I can run my smaller pulley and 23 degrees of timing everyday. This tune should make close to 700whp. With nitrous, I am hoping to see 800whp.