• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Phase-change bottle warmer

Paul Huizenga

I looked all over before finding them on Amazon.com. Depending on how it works, I may end up tracking down the actual manufacturer to try to get them wholesale.

Paul Huizenga

OK, I bit the bullet and ordered them in bulk. Your price is $30, which includes shipping and insurance to anywhere in the US via Priority Mail.

IMG_2841.jpg

But wait! There's more! Order now and I'll give you a free gift!

SSPX0282.jpg

Your very own semi-collectible OverRev non-slip dash pad! Because I have like a thousand of them! No joke!

Anyway, go here to order:

http://techweasel.blogsome.com/2010/02/16/hot-or-not/

Paul Huizenga

So how long did it take you to get your temp up?

In the test in the video, the bottle went from 950 to 1075 PSI in about 10 minutes. Your mileage may vary - the bigger the temperature differential between the cold bottle and the 130 degree pad, the quicker it will transfer heat, if I remember my thermodynamics correctly.

Mach1Marauder

In the test in the video, the bottle went from 950 to 1075 PSI in about 10 minutes. Your mileage may vary - the bigger the temperature differential between the cold bottle and the 130 degree pad, the quicker it will transfer heat, if I remember my thermodynamics correctly.

Correct.

Paul Huizenga

Well, it wouldn't make much sense to mail one to ya though the webpage ordering dealie - Let's call it $22.50 if we can hook it up in person next time at Woodie's, or some other mutually agreeable meeting spot.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Paul so what your saying is use this first to get temp up then after temp up use your bottle heater? Would you put this between the heater and the bottle?
Is your plan just to not use the bottle heater?

Paul Huizenga

Paul so what your saying is use this first to get temp up then after temp up use your bottle heater? Would you put this between the heater and the bottle?
Is your plan just to not use the bottle heater?

For long-term warming, I'm using my heater, because it does a good job maintaining temperature as long as you're not trying to bring a 60-degree bottle up to pressure. To get it warm quick, I turn on the electric heater, throw a pad on top, and cover it with the cozy I made. Heater's on the bottom, pad lays on top. There are some guys who run total-loss electrical systems who are using them to keep their bottles warm in the lanes, though.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
I have to check my money situation after getting RACE GAS, NOS, and Entry fees I may take one too.