• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Preparing for Our Upgrade to VB4.0.2

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Preparing For Your Upgrade

Alright Everyone, I will be working on finally updating our site to the lastest VB software. It will have many new features and design, I am also working on getting us our own dedicated server. Which will make our site faster and no more outages. Please bear with me as we all go thru this transformation.

I will keep everyone posted on the different phases and the downtimes.

Phase One
1. Upgrading to VB 4.0.2 from our VB 3.8.4

Pros:
Some things will work differently in the new version. The hope is that the functioning of things is improved. However some things are different enough to illicet concern both on my part and user's. I will be posting all the new features to keep everyone educated on our new community and the changes. Some key things to look for is wording changes and location changes of key elements. For wording, the goal is to make the phrasing more user friendly. For example, instead of User CP the text reads Control Panel or My Account. Another example is that instead of the New Reply button being on the left side of the screen, it is on the right inline with other controls.

Cons:
-This will remove all our Addons and Plugins, and site design.
Chat, WS Garage, Social Groups, Articles and so on....

Phase Two
2. Installation of all our Plugins and Sponsor ads, Chatroom and WS Garage.

Phase Three
1. Move to our new dedicated server..

If you have any question please ask.. I have been working on this transistion to make it as smooth as possible. We may have some issues but it the end you will be very happy of our new community...:rock:

StarAngel

Me too! Is that what it was? :confused:

I think the change will be great once we all find our way around, detours!! :rofl::driver: lost=ME! :)

No worries E, I will get it

Ford1288

Donator
Hhmmm, gotta figure out a way to keep some old articles. Copy and paste into the new forums I guess would be easy!

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Good News and Bad New folks...

All returning Wicked Stangs forum members must register again before having access to the forums.

We can see a goods thing from this.. It will clean up all the members that do not frequent our boards anymore.

People in the past posted picks that take up our storage capacity..

Now the bad
You may lose post counts

I going to try my best to save everything but, just incase...

Thanks