• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Putting in a package

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Yeah it is true..... I am trying to goto the darkside, but there is a catch. I am putting in for the Warrant Officer Procurement Program with the US Army. I should have my package in next March for the July board. If selected, I will cross service. I am putting in for Air Missile defense, Artillery targeting, and Ammunition technician. I need a waiver for federal service time but otherwise meet all the reqs. I really hope I get selected as this place has gotten to be too much anymore. The grass wont be greener I am sure, but I will get paid alot more and the retirement is a ton more. Anyway, just figured I would tell those of you that know me and the family know whats going on.

Take care all.

Gib

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Where would you get station if you get it? Staying in Hawaii?

Good luck with the process. I had some Navy friends that crossed over to the Army Warrant program for pilot.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
depends on which specialty I get. Fort Sill for the Air Missile Defense. The others could be with any unit I think.

I am just a little too old for the helo pilot specialty.

Gib

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Thanks Danny, I knew you would be all about it...... I got to try regardless the result...... if not, I am gonna try to got on an OSA orders to Afg..... that will cover my last year of sea duty. Michelle wont like it, but hey sometimes you got to do what you think is best.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Thanks Danny, I knew you would be all about it...... I got to try regardless the result...... if not, I am gonna try to got on an OSA orders to Afg..... that will cover my last year of sea duty. Michelle wont like it, but hey sometimes you got to do what you think is best.

That is true. Got to go with you gut instinct.

wickedbird

I went from a E-6 to a WO and it was about 1000 bucks right from the start. Best career move that I have made and nobody messes with the WO community!