• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Race Legal Drag Racing

W

wickedstangs

Friday Night Event Hours:
Gate and tech open at 6:00 PM sharp.
Racing begins 6:30 PM.
Tech closes at 10:30 PM.
Racing ends at 12:00 AM.

Admission Fees:
Racer: $30.00
Spectator: $8.00 (5 and under - Free)
Pre-purchase Fees at office prior to race day:

Racer: $25.00
Spectator: $5.00

Pre-registration information available - call (619) 265-8159
All races take place on the west side parking lot portion of Qualcomm Stadium. Enter the main Qualcomm Stadium gate and follow the signage to the event site. Click here for directions to Qualcomm Stadium. All racers and spectators should enter through the main entrance of Qualcomm Stadium, go left and follow the signage to the front gate.

GT400SC

PM for Decals
I hear the Highway Patrol is hanging out just outside the entrance pulling people over and inspecting under the hoods for illegal mods.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
are they? i would be alright they cant see the x pipe lol but the tint and front license would get me

GT400SC

PM for Decals
There was a story on the news last night...a bunch of really pissed off racers.

They were all saying the same thing "We come here to get it off the streets and do the right thing and when we leave, they pull us over and inspect our cars and write tickets".

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
damn that sucks. i havent been in like a month if not longer but thankfully the car is acting up or i would be the one getting in trouble.

02gt

screw going to the "Q" if the cops are going to do that!!!
I would check it out to see if the coast is clear first before i brought my stang over there.

GT400SC

PM for Decals
They had a woman spkesperson from the CHP who denied it was a sting operation and said they "just happened to be in the area".

Uh, ok..........

W

wickedstangs

I hear the Highway Patrol is hanging out just outside the entrance pulling people over and inspecting under the hoods for illegal mods.

I don't think so, that would defeat the purpose of running these type of events. They are too keep kids and some adults off the streets not deter people from coming. If that was the case no one would show up to this event again and you would see more racing on the streets.

W

wickedstangs

A NEW SAN DIEGO LAW ENFORCEMENT TASK FORCE IS WORKING TO KEEP YOU SAFE AND LEGAL
posted 8/19/2008

California Highway Patrol has multiplied the Drag Net enforcement efforts on San Diego highways.

I met with CHP this morning (8-19) and they have assured us their task force WILL NOT target our race events held at Qualcomm Stadium. While they will not be parked outside of the stadium you will need to be aware of their presence on all San Diego highways every day.

I encourage you to think about the minor modifications (such as intake, tires or exhaust) on your vehicles and change them in the pits BEFORE leaving the stadium. Protect yourself on the roads and make sure your vehicle is legal (such as exhaust, intake and tires) before you drive on a public road.

RaceLegal has a full night of fun planned for you at the stadium this Friday night with racing, live entertainment, local vendors and let's not forget hamburgers, hot dogs, street tacos, kettle corn and more.

Your support keeps RaceLegal alive, so let's enjoy together, see you at the track and in front of the stage.

Lydi

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
well some laws u cant change anything from stock our it has to have that approval sticker i think SFI or another abbreviation