• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

SD to Fresno - WHIPPLE TOUR 2009 - Travel Itinerary

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT400SC

PM for Decals
All, I have done a lot of research and planning to assemble a pretty good travel itinerary for our drive up to Whipple Industries in Fresno. This is just the route, planned stops, mileages and times for the three segments I have laid out. This does NOT discuss time of departure since that has yet to be determined.

This is a PDF, about 1 MB, please right click and save as, give it a looking over and make any suggestions you feel would help. You will see that I did my best to break this trip up into three 2 hour segments, all at about 100-125 miles each so nobody will get too numb or suffer road fatigue. I have chosen fueling points close to the freeway to minimize off-road time as well.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Tim
UPDATE! NEW INTINERARY! 1.1 MB

http://members.cox.net/gtsigns/WhippleTour2009Ver2.pdf

Confirmed Members Coming Out

SDSUBZERO4
DSGIMPORTSLAYER
WICKEDSTANGS
MRSWICKEDSTANGS
GT400SC
blackstallion06
ROUSHSTG2
07GT
EARS

BIG MAYBEs
FASTSLEEPER
ENRANGEROBOT

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Tim....Nice job. I like that plan.

I recommend we leave no later then 0530. That will make it about 0730 at the first stop and a good time for breakfast.

With your plan, we should be at Whipple by 1230-1PM with the stops.

I'll bring my walk-about radios again.

GT400SC

PM for Decals
I will be lagging with Emilio, Monica and the trailered race car, so it will be slower for us than the rest of the group.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I'll go back and forth between the groups. Cruise a little and play a little. LOL!

Man, my gas mileage gonna suk. LMAO!!!

GT400SC

PM for Decals
Emilio and I were thinking of leaving an hour BEFORE the main group, you guys would catch up to us sooner or later, but at least this way, we wouldn't be so far behind you when we got into Fresno. But if we stop and eat (which I KNOW we will...) then you guys have to stop and eat or else you catch us by the time we get done eating! LOL

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Just checked.

Ears: May not have his car ready.
Phil: Depending if he's in port.
Then its me. So, we may be able to head out together.

Can't remember if Tommy or Fighting Sailor said they were going or not.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
WOW Tim, I am absolutely stunned by the detail and time you put into the directions!

WELL DONE MAN!!!!

Have fun everyone!

Gib

Status
Not open for further replies.