• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[Sep 13, 2014] Warriors United Car Show (San Diego, CA)

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
This is the second annual car show benefiting the Warrior Foundation/Freedom Station. This program provide service and counseling for wounded veterans. It also provide a place for the family of these wounded veterans to stay while the veterans are going through rehabs. The foundation also provide these wounded veterans airfare to travel home to visit family during the holidays.

A few of us went last year and it was a great show. Let's have a few more this year to show our support for our wounded veterans and this great cause. This is what we are about, supporting a worthy cause as most of us here are active, retired, and veterans.

Ed Hanson put this show together and he is a supporter of us. Let's show him our support too.

We will meet at Denny's, 9898 Mira Mesa Blvd, San Diego. If you want to meet for breakfast, I will be there at 6:30am. We will roll out at 7:30am.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Who registered?

I believe some met Tim at the monthly meeting and some may have met him at the recent cruise to Julian. This is what this show is about. The Warrior Foundation/Freedom Station. They help wounded warriors like Tim to transition back to the civilian world and rehabilitation from their injuries suffered during their service to this country.

Let's show our support for this worthy cause and our appreciation to all the wounded warriors who gave so much in their service to our country.

ThotSwatter

I'm definitely going. I know it's a little late to ask, but this will be my first car show. Anything I should bring?

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I'm definitely going. I know it's a little late to ask, but this will be my first car show. Anything I should bring?

Its not too late, you have a month before this show.

Bring a chair with a shade, but at least a chair. Car cleaning material. Bring a cooler with drinks (no alcohol) if you wish, but drinks will be available at the show for purchase. Bring a pen and money for raffle if you wish. Be sure to bring the confirmation email or letter when you get it. I think that is it. But a chair is essential.

ThotSwatter

Ok, awesome, thank you for the response, I will bring a chair, possibly a second one just in case the first one breaks on me. Thank you for the other tips as well. I'll be sure to bring as much alcohol as possible. kidding. I'll represent the club well.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
totally gonna miss this, my second day off is the day before the event. if i can work an extra day then i'll just show up for support if they dont have day of show.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Only 4 are going? This is very disappointing considering who this show will benefit and to one of our supporter. There is still time to pre-register. Pre-registration must be by and postmarked by Sept 7th. Link to registration in the first post in this thread.

Does anybody know if we're supposed to get a confirmation via email or mail? I haven't received anything yet. The $35 was deducted from my account so I know they have my registration.