• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[Sep 20, 2014] Coronado Speed Festival (Coronado, CA)

frank s

at Play in San Diego, CA
I'm thanking once again Mr Chapter President for the extra effort to hand me the Corral Pass on Saturday morning. If I'd known I was the only one, I'd have gone to pick it up. Thank you.

We did Saturday morning at the Speed Fest (I mistyped that as Steed Fest, first time around; makes sense, since the Mustang 50th was a feature of the weekend). Didn't do too much serious photography, but what I can salvage will go up sooner or later.

There were at least fifty Mustangs in the parade lap, some of practically every possible era/subspecies. Offhand, I'd say there were a couple dozen GT500s, modern and classic, numerous SGTs, and a few ordinary Mustangs who made a tour of the course. We lined up early, but they set a director at the head of three or four columns, and he directed the earlier cars out first, so we were near the tail-end of the queue. Which wasn't bad, at all: late and slow getting on the course meant we had some open track in front of us, and were able to grind off a little cornering-rubber in the process of catching up. We also remembered to do the parade wave for spectators.

Here's one snapshot of the line behind us, pre-parade, and one panorama of the Mustang Corral, featuring a few Mustangs, and a couple dozen Cobras

15126312080_e192dd8bf3_o.jpg

15126441128_1f59e33c17_k.jpg

Sorry about the horizontal scrolling; these are the kind of pictures that need size to be useful. I have a version of the panorama that is 6951 pixels wide!

More photos here