• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

slammed.....

'03snkbt

post'em up fellas......
let's see those lowered rides and list what you did to get'em there!!!

here we go: H&R race (no ISO's), X2 balljoints, UPR bumpsteer, MM c/c plates
IMG_20120608_124535.jpg

2K7GTCS

FRPP Suspension Package AKA Eibach Sport System Plus (1.6" Front / 2.0" Rear) along with 45 series tires:

PeterPiper_20120418_08.JPG

After this pic was taken, I installed an adjustable panhard bar, to center the rear axle a little better.

Jesse

Donator
saleen package+others to make handle beret but nothing that really affects ride height.
stripes1-1.jpg
saleen2-1.jpg
downloadfile.jpg
downloadfile-1.jpg

'03snkbt

Know the feeling. After last bit of suspension work, front dropped another 1/2" and I can barely leave the yard. Car hugs like a bitch though.....

Jesse

Donator
figured this would be a good place to ask this...looking for a tad bit more drop in the front, I have Saleen racecraft suspension and just wan't 1/2" to 1" drop...I don't belive those springs are progresive can I cut them? If I did I would only take off 1/2" off, saw in other forums that that would come out to 3/8" to 1" of a drop...I've looked at other alternatives but if I get different springs I might as well get coilovers which I cannot afford, and I have very mixed feelings about the x2 ball joint from Steeda after reading everything I have over many reviews and forums....just looking for an inexpensive way to get a tad lower in the front, if inexpensive isn't possible then it'll just have to wait was just currious....

Ferocious

Chula Vista
figured this would be a good place to ask this...looking for a tad bit more drop in the front, I have Saleen racecraft suspension and just wan't 1/2" to 1" drop...I don't belive those springs are progresive can I cut them? If I did I would only take off 1/2" off, saw in other forums that that would come out to 3/8" to 1" of a drop...I've looked at other alternatives but if I get different springs I might as well get coilovers which I cannot afford, and I have very mixed feelings about the x2 ball joint from Steeda after reading everything I have over many reviews and forums....just looking for an inexpensive way to get a tad lower in the front, if inexpensive isn't possible then it'll just have to wait was just currious....

If your springs are indeed linear, then you may cut a tad off and not have much of a difference in ride quality. Here is a good write up: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/how-230/626015-complete-how-cut-your-stock-springs-thread.html

Cutting half a coil should get you to where you want to be. But i sure hope you have some nice shocks/struts to match the spring rate or your car is going to be bouncing all over the place.