• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

So has anyone heard if we are getting paid on the 15th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtopford

Hey all my brothers and sisters. So FOX news and Yahoo news aside I have not heard anything official from my command or on the DFAS website about the possable pay stoppage if congress does not get its self together. Was wondering if anyone has gotten any prepatory counceling on what to expect on the 15th.

I am not to worried right now except most of my savings is being used to purchase my house in Otay so needless to say if we get stuck with a short check or no check it will be pretty damn inconveniant.

Just keeping ears to the ground so to speak and I hope that they pass a budget and we can get on with life.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
i am sure all of us military personal will get paid. What do you think would happen if we didn't?

BassMaster5000

Donator
I have heard nothing from my command, yet I hear about it all over the news outlets, so it's hard to tell what to listen to.. I would be that we do get paid.. if we don't, it is going to cause a whole lot of problems for all the lower enlisted living paycheck to paycheck, not to mention the hit that the local economy will take when all the privates aren't out spending their paycheck on strippers.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
back in the early 90's I believe 1992 we did not get paid for a couple of weeks until congress got there heads out of there ass... Not looking good. The Civilian I came up here to Kuwait with is headed back home this Saturday because is job is on the line... They need to pass it by Friday... ...

Jon

Donator
I haven't heard anything yet, I know I got paid late (usually 3 days prior) but last check was on the 15th and I'm already scraping the change jar to make it to next Friday. Hell, it crossed my mind the other night to sell the stang and get a beater just so I can have money, I depend and use every penny from my check :(

dtopford

Yea if it happens then the Jr listed will get hit the hardest. But I wonder, does this only apply to base pay or to entitlements and allowances as well. If it is just base pay then that's workable but of they were to short us on all pay and allowances then it would hurt. I just don't relish my counterparts in larger commands who would have to tell their "kids" that their will be no check next week but they have to come to work anyhow.

96PuttStang

well supposedly worst case scenario we will just be paid a lil late according to my CO but then again this can all be chocked up to dems wanting to downsize the military and close bases but if it goes like it did in 95 then we will be paid on time and they will more than likely do a lock-in and not let them bastards leave until they decide on something but as of now we are still getting paid

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
ok fellas well i checked my les today and i am only getting half of my paycheck. everyone else has said the same. we are getting paid but not the full amount, we will get back pay but who knows when that will happen.

ben

Banned
yep its only half pay this payday and they dont know about the 30th yet.. so whos all going to b able to make the cruise to clinton tomorrow? im goin still

we are only getting paid for up to the 8th. I am still doing the cruise on the 9th though. I'll be working on magic money. I think about it and it appears. It just doesn't appear for mods. It's funny like that.

BassMaster5000

Donator
Hopefully commands will put out a memo people can give to creditors/banks/e.t.c, because if this is the case, by the time the 30th rolls around, there will be a lot of people hurting when it comes to paying bills.

DrunkFatguy

I kinda figured this would happen, I had stashed money away vs spending on any more parts for the stang or the bike. LES was about 50% of what it should have been, I Heard Nassco is Laying off 1100 workers on Monday btw, don't know if it's a coincident.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
I know if you have navy Federal guys they are helping military members with bills ect. I am still going to call monday and confirm but I hear the branches are floating loans
to give us whole amout that is usually depoisted

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
ok fellas well i checked my les today and i am only getting half of my paycheck. everyone else has said the same. we are getting paid but not the full amount, we will get back pay but who knows when that will happen.

They are sure quick to take money when we owe them, I just hope they don't lolly gag on paying us back!!!!

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
yep its only half pay this payday and they dont know about the 30th yet.. so whos all going to b able to make the cruise to clinton tomorrow? im goin still

I will still go, maybe I will cruise the 4cyl, LOL nah gotta take the beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.