• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[SOLD] 1996 Triple Black Cobra for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy

i guess ill jsut have ot take it to do a trade in

TTT

DO NOT DO THAT....................

You wouldn't get more than $4k for it. All the upgrades you've done give you ZERO credit towards the value on the car in a trade-in. They only go based on an appraisal software published by Kelly Blue Book.

kbb.com says:

Excellent
$4,825

Good
$4,375

Fair
$3,625

You will always be in between Fair and Good, no matter how many mods you have. In many cases mods become a liability and hurt the vaule.

Trust me, I was in car sales at a Ford and Honda dealer for years. Only an enthusiast will give you what it's worth. Even if you do accept the $4k, you it will only reduce your payments by about $80 per month. For every $1k you finance the payment is $20,

Example. car out the door is $35k, multiply that by 20, and thats your estimated payment, in this case..$700/month for 60 months. It can vary +/- a few bucks

Again, please don't be foolish as to use this car as a trade-in. If you're ok with the $4k, I'm sure you'll find alot of private party buyers.

Tommy

Another note.... IF they happen to give you more for the trade, it's a 'smoke screen' to make you feel better. Believe me, you're still paying for that extra money they're giving you. Either by charging a profit on the interest/lease rate (up to 2.5% extra mark up on a purchase from what you actually qualify for)...and they aren't required to disclose that fact that they made a profit on the interest rate!

Another way they can still make you believe they gave you more :

Example: your car= $4k
new car = $35k...with $4k gross profit

They give you $6k for your car, thus over-allowing what its worth. They still buy it from you at $4k, but show they gave you $6K, taking the $2k from the profit of the new car. Then they sell you the new car at $35k with $2k profit, not a bad deal for them. Salesman makes about $450 in one sale.

On the other hand, they give you $4k for your car, discount the new one to $33k, They STILL make the same profit, but made you feel better by discounting the new one since your trade in didn't bring in what you hoped it would.

Can you see the charrade? Its called 'cut from the top/ sew to the bottom'. In the end, it costs you the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.