• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[SOLVED] ok i know i have done about 3 threads but this one is the last about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

4.6stangpower

2001 gt vert
well the wife decided we should just get another car instaed of building mine so i agreed and was in the hunt well i took tommy's advice n went to corral.net n low n behold i found the car i want i have been looking for this build for awhile n really thought no one could make it but this guy seems all around generous and he built the car up ffom stoock in his garage i know i, riding his nuts but he just seems he has his ducks in a row let me know what u think a fair price for it is woth what he has done to it here is a walkaround of the car on youtube- * let me know what u think

4.6stangpower

2001 gt vert
basically he lives in sacremento n he hjas been sending me pics of everything so it seems like a legit build n the price is very fair so im definitely lookin into

Ford1288

Donator
Take into effect, yes it is a STREETABLE car but not STREET LEGAL. I dont know if you are in the military and could regsiter it out of state or if you just want a track car or if you have a good hook up at a smog spot. But take that into your decision.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
My first thought was that is too much car for you! lol j/k

What stands out to me is the fuel system. The aeromotive a1000 pumps don't do well on the street unless you have the fuel controller which is a crap ton of money $369.99 or something. Those pumps are meant to be gravity fed and it will like a 1/2 tank of gas always. I went through 2 of these pumps in a year when I ran that fuel system on my daily driven blwn 331. To get it rebuilt from aeromotive costs almost as much as a new one ($200 or so).

Other than that the Car looks very clean. If it's in as good of shape as it looks from the pics I think you have a solid ride there.

4.6stangpower

2001 gt vert
ok so once i get the fuel controller what makes a difference? well he also claims his wife drives it everyday to work 60 miles round trip n she is 8 months prego

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
ok so once i get the fuel controller what makes a difference? well he also claims his wife drives it everyday to work 60 miles round trip n she is 8 months prego

I was just giving you a heads up and my experience with that style fuel pump on the street. It may last for ever and it may not. It was my experience that it didn't. This is recommended for street applications. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AEI-16306/

Don't look too far into it. It looks like an awesome car.

4.6stangpower

2001 gt vert
here is his txt he just sent me-if u take close look at the pics my pump inlet is the same height ans the outlet of the sump which is gravity feeding through a -10 line. i even have the factory fuel levelworking w/o ne flaws

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Again I'm not saying steer clear of the car just because I pointed out a potential problem. All I'm saying is the pumps don't do well on the street. It's a racing pump and without the controller it's running balls to the wall all the time.

4.6stangpower

2001 gt vert
http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/ae222/4_6stangpower/ here r some pics of the fuel setup

83a2bed6f27a.jpg

5823d9dcd1f9.jpg

Mach1Marauder

Listen to what orange395w is saying.

Even with the controller, which I've seen SEVERAL go out, it's still gonna heat up the fuel.

In my opinion, I'd buy the car and swap out the pump for one of the new MagnaFuel inline pumps that doesn't require a controller for the street and sell the one you took off. I wouldn't invest in a controller for the current pump. It would cost almost as much as a MagnaFuel replacement pump.

4.6stangpower

2001 gt vert
also here is a video of the car today

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQcQa8nI8es"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

02gt

if that guy is firm on 14,500 i would pass because terminators are getting cheaper buy the minute...there's been a few posted for sale that are under 20k i would save a few k and go shopping....

Status
Not open for further replies.