• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[SOLVED] Pit Stripes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
I need new pit stripes for my Shelby.. Dark red 2 inches wide 4 stripes about 4 ft long (I will trim the ends to length) I dont want the specs as laid out in the team Shelby site, I do mine a bit different. If you look at my signature pic, notice I do the right side longer and further back than the left.
Thanks,
Steve

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
Yes and No.. I dont apply mine exactly like all the others do.. I apply them assemetrically on my car the right side is longer and further back than the left (this matches a pic of a GT350 from back in the day).. All I need is 4stripes 2 inches wide I will cut the length.. Or if you have a sheet of red vinyl I can cut them myself with an exacto and straight edge.. The Team Shelby guys have really Nuked this out.

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
Cool, but I just want four 2 inch wide stripes.. The ends and the angles are irrellevent.. just 4 strips of vinyl 2 inches wide. I dont do them exactly like everyone else.

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
The short version is this, they put bright colored stripes on the fenders of cars in multi car teams. This made identifying cars easy for the pit crews who couldn't read the numbers of the individual cars at speed. Red and yellow were most common, but other colors were used in teams fielding 3 -4 or more cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.