• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[SOLVED] Very IMPORTANT 4V SWAP Info I researched...

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wickedstangs

92whiteCoupe.jpg

4vswap2.jpg

how hard of a swap was it? did you have to change fuel lines, brake lines?

I ran all new fuel lines using the recommended Aeromotive parts & line sizes.... -10 from the A1000 pump to -8 for the rails, and a -6 return. I ran some -10 size (5/8) hard line to help tuck it away. The -10 hose is more than 3/4 O.D. and can't make very tight bends.

I converted to manual brakes and steering.... didn't want the complication or the weight of hydroboost, but I may go back on that. The manual steering is fine, but the manual brakes suck so far. I'll fiddle with the bias, but I don't like it so far. Just some minor tubing bending to plumb the master cylinder.

What were the major issues involved in the swap? Which K-member did u use?
AJE K-member and A-arms. No issues except that I had to make some spacers to move the steering rack away from the K-member. No big deal, BUT....I bought both from AJE to to avoid that kinda crap!

did you go with coilovers with the AJE stuff???? Also what headers did you go with if any????
have coilovers. I got some used 1-3/4 Kooks off of a 2004 Cobra. Fit real nice. Only had to do minor clearancing for the steering shaft.

W

wickedstangs

car.jpg

DOHCintoaFOX001.jpg

first of all ive already installed hydroboost system (didnt have to modify the stock 91 pedals everything fit just had to drill out 1 hole in fire wall)

i used the stock k member out of the cobra fox a arms with sn95 ball joints to keep the toe in right.

when we put the hydro boost in the car my buddy hooked up the plunger to the stock pedal i really dont how it worked out but it does and there is no hang in the pedal i can push it all the way to the floor it works fine but the steering shaft was a dfferent story all to gether we had to take a 94 up telescoping end that connects to the rack and the fox end that goes to the wheel and knock out the u joints out tof both to make it fit where the fox shaft was about a 1/4 inch too short it can be done but it a pain.

W

wickedstangs

Transmission
i almost forgot we did have to modify (cut off) two tabs where the 4.6 trans harness clipped onto the bell housing the two tabs toward the top of it on each side had to be cut off because the tabs were hitting the trans tunnel and wouldn't let the input shaft line up in the clutch they had to be cut for clearence reasons maybe others have had better luck but that was the only way we could get it in

W

wickedstangs

Xavier said:
but I wanted to comment on the lack of power booster at all on the brakes. Can we go full manual master cylinder? Otherwise, it looks like the same position as ours. We need a pic of it loaded onto the mounts!!

I plan to run the hydroboost brakes, do I need to use the ABS as well?
No

W

wickedstangs

Xavier we need to get the 95 Mark VIII 4-wheel disk w/hydroboost.....

xavier296

In other words, we need the master cylinder and setup from the lincoln? Shouldn't be a problem. Did you call JBA about headers yet? That will be our next clearance challenge.

I wonder though, when we tilted the motor up where it would be with a tranny installed, it looked like the throttle body would bolt right back in and maybe even work, especially with the cowl hood. We should take the lincoln throttle cable and make that work also. It would save the expense of a new intake.

FordFanStan

Is this thread concerning any info on swapping modular powertrains into Foxes? I have some good info saved iirc if you want me to post it up? FFS

W

wickedstangs

FordFanStan said:
Is this thread concerning any info on swapping modular powertrains into Foxes? I have some good info saved iirc if you want me to post it up? FFS

Where is the info? Goto Wicked Stangs Race Car Forum..

Status
Not open for further replies.