• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Southern California Car Club Council-Steve Licata

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Received this email from the council this morning.

To all members of the Southern California Car Club Council,
I just wanted to let all know that Steve Licata, our Public Relations Director to the council, went home last night to be with our Lord in heaven.
Steve you will be missed greatly by me and the rest of us down here...
Thank you for allowing me to be one of your trusted friends and may you Rest In Peace....
Geoffrey

Some of you may know Steve from Cruising at the Lakes in Santee or with the San Diego Mustang Club, SVT Club, or Mazda Club. Steve was really into auto cross with his Mazda Miata. Steve was battling cancer for a long time and as the email wrote, he passed away last night. Our condolences, thoughts, and prayers to his wife, Kit, and his family.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Here's the memorial service information.

Anyone within the membership of the Southern California Car Club Council or the San Diego car community is invited to attend Steve Licata's celebration of life.

Steve Licata's Celebration of Life will be held on Friday, 3/14/14, at the El Cajon
VFW Hall. The hall is located at 136 N Chambers St, El Cajon, CA. 92020-3304.
It's being hosted at this location because they have plenty of room for parking cars
and lots of room for our turn out.

As the interment of Steve is a military one, it will be conducted precisely at 10:00 am
sharp at the the new Mira Mar National Cemetery. You should also be aware that all
interments take 1/2 hour to preform.

Steve's celebration will be begin at approximately 11:15 am at the VFW Hall in El Cajon
which should give all of us enough time to arrive from the cemetery. Anyone wishing
to speak will be given plenty of time to expound on our little buddy.

If possible, please bring your cars to share one more time with Steve... Once again the
cross streets for the VFW Hall in El Cajon are: Main Street & N Chambers Street. Right
behind the HomeTown Buffet and across the street from the El Cajon Jack in the Box...

For those of you using your navigational systems to arrive. Please drive around the
back and enter through the double doors as this is the main entrance to the VFW Hall
in El Cajon.

Directions for those of us not using a navigational system. Take I-8 to El Cajon,
Exit West Main Street. Turn East toward downtown El Cajon, you can see
downtown El Cajon from I-8. At the 3rd intersection with lights, turn left, again
heading towards Downtown El Cajon. You are still on Main Street, make your
first left, between the used car dealer and Home Town Buffet. You are now on
Chambers and the VFW is the first building on the left side. Come around
back, plenty of parking.

From the West heading east, you can also exit El Cajon Blvd, in El
Cajon. Through 4 stop lights, next left on Chambers, VFW is on the left...