• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Steering Shaft Rubbing on new headers

09schwarzecobra

So I just installed Borla Long Tube Headers, The install was a true pain. Now i have a terrible vibration in my steering when driving and at 1,100rpm it's god awful. Any tips or pointers it seems like borla forgot to put a dimple in the header,Also my check engine light came on according to Borla it will go off in 300-400 miles does this seem correct?

yosemiddysam

Donator
You might be able to just dent the header a little to stop the vibration. I am not sure about the light going off and do not really think you would have to have a tune for just headers. If you did the complete exhaust then maybe.

09schwarzecobra

You might be able to just dent the header a little to stop the vibration. I am not sure about the light going off and do not really think you would have to have a tune for just headers. If you did the complete exhaust then maybe.
I did Headers off-road X-pipe and borla stingers

yosemiddysam

Donator
Did you add mil ellimenators? If you did an entire exhaust you might need a tune to make the light go away. Have you had it tuned before? Maybe they could adjust your tune and e-mail ya one......

09schwarzecobra

Did you add mil ellimenators? If you did an entire exhaust you might need a tune to make the light go away. Have you had it tuned before? Maybe they could adjust your tune and e-mail ya one......

the only tune i did was with the frpp CAI and it cam with a pro-tune

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
It sounds like you could use another tune, plug in a code scanner and see what it says, then go from there.

yosemiddysam

Donator
I highly suggest you get a DYNO Tune. You have a very expensive engine and why chance damaging it over a 400 dollar tune?