• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

"TERMINATOR" Eaton Supercharger swap Q's

Windveil Blues

OLD FART
Yeah, you have a ways to go yet... just wait until you see what the little darlings have in store for you... LOL. As far as your mod plans, I don't know about gears and blowers together as a combination. I have always read that people use a shallower gear with a blower... like a 3.23, 3.55 or 3.73 and I have no idea why. I have no plans on getting rid of my deep-ass '56's when I get a stuffer on it, believe me. Besides, I'm more of a street guy than track with this car. If I wanted to race every weekend, I'd build this little Fox I have had my eye on.

Jim

yosemiddysam

Donator
My car has 3.55's now. I dont think it would hurt to run 4.10's..... I know someone who has way higher than that and his is fine......cough cough Emilio

Windveil Blues

OLD FART
LOL... say it ain't so. Emilio has never told me what he has for gears... maybe he's got some kinda Plutonium Eludium Q36 Explosive Space Modulator in there or something.

Jim

crossbreedgt

looks like i might just have to save up and try out the whipple.. if i do what im told and get what i really want then i'lll be putting down a bit more cash to get the twin turbo set-up..

any ideas or speculations on that?

Windveil Blues

OLD FART
IMHO, the Whipple is the way to go... unless you wanna spend the extra cash for the turbos and all the other stuff you'll need to do so you don't stuff the crank through the oil pan... LOL

Jim

fangs99

STS makes single andtwin turbo kits for just about every car and some trucks.
for a blower i'd go KB. BUT, don't forget about PROCHARGER, VORTECH, or NOVI,for these superchargers you won't need to hassel with a lower manifold. the bigest thing you need to know is where do you whant to make your power. how do you use the car?

maverick169v

WS Posting God
i thought i already posted by a kenne bell in here, why is this thread still open? the installation isnt that bad at all. i put on my kb, then 02gts vortech, and i would do the kb install over the vortech anyday. not to mention those are the best blowers you can buy for a mod motor. (toss up with a whipple for the 4v guys.)

Roushed2

302 Motorsports
sorry whipple will always have my vote over the kb

also i would reccomend a roushcharger or the ford motorsport charger

both of those are great the roushcharger comes with the intercooler built into it so you dont have to worry about running piping

fangs99

well if i was looking at ease of install unless he's got the money to pay someone else. but for big power go hellion.

Roushed2

302 Motorsports
what are yu talking about the roush chrager is one of the best superchargers on the market but ok you dont like roush

fangs99

well let's let the guy deside what route he whants to take. what ever way you go, just be careful on the kit you get.