• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Terminator

VENOM04

i know, i know but i want one soooo bad and its sooooo hard to find someone to buy my COBRA and its getting really hard to find one thats somewhat close at a dealership thats not a rip off.

because ive already tried selling mine like three to no avail so pretty much my only option is trading it in. and yeah their are a ton of deals out there but most of them are private sellers. its really hard to one at a dealership with low miles and under 20K. Most of the ones i see under 20k have 60 thousand miles on them or more. And the ones with 30 thousand miles or less on them the dealers want 25k or way more.

i guess it is a dumb idea and im jumping the gun a little bit, i just figured it was one of those deals of a life time. I guess im just worried that when i get home there wont be any more left. But i thank you all for looking out for me.

fangs99

i know your stress man, i looked in three states 2 of them on the east coast. i waited almost 2 months. it's hard to wait, i know. but when you find the right one you'll be glad you did.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Venom I know you want a terminator but have you thought about just adding a K.Bell to your stang? You have a great looking car.... With the extra money and what you will save from a payment you could do the s/c, gears, and up grade the trans

VENOM04

dude i would have to completely rebuild my engine in order to supercharge it and make the power i want it to. Because ive looked at all of the stuff. i owe like 12k on my COBRA. then you add almost 2k for forged internals then you add another 5 to 6k for the supercharger and everything else that i would need then i have to get it tuned. so with that in mind it would be cheaper to just buy a TERMY spend a little less than a thousand (pullie and tune) and maybe an intake and there you go. 500 hp.

fangs99

stock 96-98 cobras lay down 460 at the wheels with a vortech. so they make like 500 at the crank. so with a good SC kit and with a good tune and complet exaust you shuld be almost 500 at the tires.

02gt

there ae some good deals on ebay, im in the market for a terminator in the next year or two depends on if reenlist though.

VENOM04

well i dont know about the internals on the 96-98 cobra's but i think that they along with the 99 cobra's have sronger blocks. because i know that the 99 cobra's have a teksid block and the 01 cobra's have a lighter winsor alum powerplant a.k.a. (WAP). which makes even the block alot weaker. and of course the TERMY's have a cast iron block.

VENOM04

yeah but you can only run like 6 to 8 lbs. of boost and 9 lbs. is pushing it. if you go any higher you can kiss your motor good bye. there is a video on streetfire.net of a guy with a 99 cobra and a vortec pushing 10 lbs. with a good tune. he was racing an 05 Z06 a smoked his ass then when he was slowing down threw a rod. Yeah you can blow but 1st. your always going to be limited on the power you can make. 2nd with a weak block no matter how low your boost is and no matter how good your tune is its only a matter of time before something goes wrong. our engines were not made to handle boost. even with little boost and the best tune you can possibly get it all depends on your driving styles and so many other things. if i was going to have a boosted car i would not want to have to worry about when something is going to happen.

fangs99

that car was layin down 600hp. if he'd back of the psi a bit and he prob doged the car alot. your car with the aluminator and a good blower would be sick.

fangs99

i don't think there that much, and it would be a sleeper.
i think the 99-01's get over looked to much.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
yours gets over looked!? mine gets overlooked lol aluminator is like 7.5k

wikedcobra312

i would throw in an s/c and forged internals, i was going to do that with mine, but i sold it because i leaving for my academy. i do miss it and i feel that the 99 has a better front, and boosted will put down some nice power. so s/c, cams and forged internals, will yield you a beast that is almost payed off.