• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Track Rental

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
I am working with bremerton on renting the track out for a day, unsure of cost, but Im trying to get them a tenative(no commitment) head count for an estimate of cost. Curious who'd be in? This would likely happen around may timeframe, maybe june.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
WOW!! This is what I like to see. Set it up and I will show up and I know Phil and Soji will too.

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
If it does, im bringing a ringer... free beer to anyone who can beat my buddies daily driven 4 cylinder.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
I am definately gonna be saving for tires. Unless I just keep the ones in my garage.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Well it must be a SVO with a big turbo. Those are the only 4 cyl mustangs I know of that where fast.

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
didnt say he was joining the club, i said he was coming to the track rental. The track rental idea started out as an SRT-10 v. Lightning thing, but i expanded it because i doubt i can get enough people to make it affordable. And mock the MR2 all you want, there aren't many cars i've seen on this forum that can run with it.
Its run 7.19 in the 1/8th at only 19lbs(i've seen him run 23 on the street) with a 1.49 sixty foot time... that car moves out. He's not run more boost than that because the car lacks a cage and he can't run any faster. I fully expect 10.70's on higher boost this season.

blackstallion06

Donator
What engine is in the car? It cant be the stock engine its gota be a prelude engine or something.
That is like taking a fox and putting a cobra jet engine in the car with a tunnel ram two 4's and
add a couple of nos plates...
Besides most of the guys here can drive theres back and forth to work, go on a cruise, hit the drag strip,
go down the twistys, and then shine it up for a car show on sunday. Yeah we talk a little trash between our selves but its all in good fun.
That is what is good about being a wicked Stangs member.

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
Its a 2.2L stroker based on the stock motor. Stock bore, stock block, stock head with aftermarket cams. Car weighs ~3000lbs and will drive across country. Still has AC, power steering, and is running auto-x type suspension. The trans is mostly stock with a spool in it, stock half shafts.
Its a toyota, so obviously no prelude motor. But the car was running 8.05 in the 1/8th on the stock 180,000 mile long block with a smaller turbo before he cracked a ring land.
If it makes anymore impressive he tunes it himself.
The car is also running boost only, no spray, nothing like that.
So, with the suspension and brakes it will go through the twisties with ease, he can turn the boost up and throw on his DR's and click off low 11's with ease, the car is in great shape, and is daily driven...

mr2cam

Hey guys, it's my car he is talking about, he right about just everything except for I only ran a 7.26@95, the car should be a little faster next season as I will be installing larger injectors for more boost, the bore is also not stock, running .020 over weisco 8.3:1 forged pistons.

Here are a couple of videos of my car from the track

I had to turn the boost down to as low as 16lbs due to me running too quick without a cage, if Bremerton is lax on their rules I will have the boost up pretty high to try to break into the 10's. Hope to see some of you at the rental.

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
My bad cam, i could have swore you said you cracked under 7.20. Maybe we could get kasey to bring up the fox, to make the mustang guys happy.

For those that don't know kasey, the last time i saw the car it was running in the 6's in the 1/8th and was still n/a, cam would know more now.

blackstallion06

Donator
hey so is ther any place that you guys can recomend for tuning? I have a diablo tuner. I run a pretty nasty street tune and I have a 100-110 NOS tune. I want to make sure my tune is dead on before running my car up there

mr2cam

My bad cam, i could have swore you said you cracked under 7.20. Maybe we could get kasey to bring up the fox, to make the mustang guys happy.

For those that don't know kasey, the last time i saw the car it was running in the 6's in the 1/8th and was still n/a, cam would know more now.

I ran a 7.13 in Lee's 351W Fox, but not in my car, they kept getting on me (even though my dad owns part of the track lol) for going lower then the 7.35 mark so I never really had the boost up.

Kasey's car with this 5 speed ran a 6.68@103, now with the automatic it is actually a tad bit slower, but they are still working on the suspension to try to get it back down in the 6.6's.

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
hey so is ther any place that you guys can recomend for tuning? I have a diablo tuner. I run a pretty nasty street tune and I have a 100-110 NOS tune. I want to make sure my tune is dead on before running my car up there

There are a couple. Horsepower ranch in (i think) lacey which is about 1.5 hours from bremerton, Fast Specialties down in Portland and there is one or two more places that escape me. I'd have to check with the lightning forums. My last L was all street tuned via datalogs with Amazon out in SC, and this one is tuned by Horsepower Ranch.