• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Track Rental

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
Its a surprising little mofo. He and i met at the local 1/8th mile in walla walla, and before you knew it we were working on each others cars, hanging out, and all that good rot.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
I can't wait to get out there. With all the rain I should be able to save money for upgrades or we are even thinking about A "WHIDBEY ISLAND RACE CAR" I have been looking on craigslist and found several prospects. One good thing I have the trailer already.

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
I dunno why the rain slows you down, we just drive in it...
Im curious if a Puget Sound Chapter would work better than a whidbey and a bremerton chapter seeing as the whole puget sound has less people than san diego, and whidbey isnt very populated.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
When you have over 800 RWHP the rain tends to kick you off the road. I wouldn't know that though! LOL I like to mess around alot when i am driving, so when it rains I still get tempted so I try not to drive the stang in the rain. I think have the seperate areas will be best, Trying to meet up all the time with the surounding ares will be great but a hassle (ferry rides). Get togethers every other month would be great. Plus with our seperate chapters we will have more comp against eachother and make it fun.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
I am looking forward to the first annual WICKEDSTANGS Washington's BBQ and show.

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
Dustin you need a stang brother... I look forward to meeting you.

I think we have met. I was in san diego for a year(most of 09) and went to barona, qualcomm, and even the car show at Chicane.

My father and I are in the process of restoring one. Its a 1968 Gold Nugget Special. Been in my family since 1970. We've updated it with a 93 5.0 with a carb, 5 speed, 9" with 3.50's, disc brakes, and a few other things. He actually just finished the primer on it this weekend and is beginning block sanding. Most of the mechanical parts on the car are mine, and i did the wiring on it.

I've had a handful of mustangs, 85 GT 4eye t-top, 93 GT, 89 LX, 94 Cobra, 94 GT. The fastest being the cobra with a built 306 and a KB, the slowest being the bone stock 85.
But between my 58 F-100, my Lightning and my Motorcycle i have enough toys in the garage to last me a while.

Besides, I dont like the S197's that well(or rather don't like the motor in them) and I dont want to buy a new 5.0 because its unpractical for daily use for my family. I have 2 kids, and dirt bikes and the lightning isnt big enough, and a mustang won't haul all my stuff.
The wife is actually looking at buying a raptor right now to replace her tahoe.

And roush, i know what you are saying, try driving a diesel with 1000 ft/lbs of torque in rain... good times to be had by all.
And as far as the meets, i know what you are saying, but i guess the drive doesn't bother me. I used to live in silverdale and commuted daily to Everett for work(103 miles 1 way if i drove, 2 hours if i took the ferry). My wife commutes 45 miles 1 way for work. The I5 corridor is spread out and you just get used to the travel.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Well Dustin we will have to get together some time then... I need to get a few members recruited and then i like to go on a cruise.
Any help that you can give to the chapter would be much appreciated

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
Sounds good, i'll be home this spring, and other than rose fest should be in port a bit till june when we go into dry dock

B Stallion, do you have any cards? I've run across a few nice mustangs since i've been out and about w/o any sort of banners or club identification. would be nice to meet up and get to know them.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
I have flyers for the club but no business cards. I can give you one and you can make copys, or we can go off it and make a new one