• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

visiting san diego

tkeinia

whats up everyone, my son (14) and I are going to visit san diego sunday the 13th of march to tues the 15th. wondering what intersting things are going on that my son and I can go do or visit for free or cheap. i would like to meet some of you for lunch or dinner befor i leave tues for LA for a few days.

tkeinia

i will, it will be good to visit, its been a few years since i was last there visiting wicked stangs.

tkeinia

so no places to visit cheaply or free? i want to drive by the bases that my wife and I were stationed at so my son can see where we worked and to balboa so he can see where he was born.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Not for free or cheap. Sea World and the Zoo are expensive. If you're going to Balboa, might want to check out the museums, they're not too expensive. The USS Midway Carrier Museum on Harbor Drive. Its about $14/person, free to active duty in uniform. Its definitely worth the money.

tkeinia

the carrier sounds like a good idea, that way my son can see what its like onboard a ship. thanks

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
the carrier sounds like a good idea, that way my son can see what its like onboard a ship. thanks

Yeah, he'll enjoy that. It has quite a bit to look through. I say give a good 3 to 4 hours to go through all the exhibits and spaces.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Good to see that you are coming to town. Call Emilio and I'll drive over when you swing by his house.

tkeinia

sounds good mustangcwo, hope to meet some of you guys. thanks warrior that sounds like a good place to visit.

tkeinia

ok, thanks. hope to me a few of you when i get there. will be leaving for el paso in the morning and off to san diego on sunday morning.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
hey don't forget out Wednesday event.. If you can make it.. Sorry wasn't able to meet up with you.. Hope your having fun..